The Flu - Please Help!

Bennie Dikwiel

Woke up this morning with the typical early symptoms of the flu. The Argus is only 10 days away - what do I do now???

Step 1: Make an appointment with your Doc and get him to confirm if it is indeed flu or just a cold, upper respiratory tract infection or whatever… Depending what he diagnoses you then work out what to do next i.e. ride, don’t ride.

Step 2: To speed up recovery if it is a cold start taking a Vit C ( 500Mg per day) and Zinc supplement (Lozenges or tablet).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12462910

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sorry - homeopathic stuff does not work."

They are used by many, many people and sold in every pharmacy I have been into.

Your anecdotal evidence that they do not work for you is not exactly helpful.

Not my anecdotal evidence - but rather scientific evidence.

The fact that many people use them and that they are widely available doesn't make the homeopathic remedy have any physiological effect in the slightest. And many pharmacies sell perfumes, crockery, and cuddly toys. Not too sure how those help you get better.

Don't agree, Weleda cold and flu remedy!

Oh, we could go on all day.

Fact - homeopathic 'medicine' is about taking a substance that causes the same symptoms as an actual ailment, diluting it to a ridiculous degree and whacking it 10 times with a padded stick.

You think it works - literally. This is known as the placebo effect.

Take some amphetimines, and go for a 4 hour ride at 80% intensity. If you don't die of a heart attack, you're good to go for the world funride champs.

Take some amphetimines, and go for a 4 hour ride at 80% intensity. If you don't die of a heart attack, you're good to go for the world funride champs.

And if you do die, you will get an honourable mention in the Darwin Awards :thumbup:

Vitamin B injection immediately, anti-biotic's as a last resort

Pain management meds if necessary

Take 3 days off work if possible and lie down and rest

Don't ride until you feel that you could ride at 90% of the intensity you normally would (7days)

Good luck!

O. K. so I took the Macxill Antibiotic, the Mypaid B-Complex injection, some Gripheal-Achineaforce-Engyftol, the Zinc supplements, one Medlemon with 2 Sinutab ND tablets, and TNT’s amphetamines, now can some-one please tell me why my bike has changed colour and is speaking to me in a foreign accent?

(Ps. I feel much better now)

O. K. so I took the Macxill Antibiotic, the Mypaid B-Complex injection, some Gripheal-Achineaforce-Engyftol, the Zinc supplements, one Medlemon with 2 Sinutab ND tablets, and TNT’s amphetamines, now can some-one please tell me why my bike has changed colour and is speaking to me in a foreign accent?

Just dont get tested after the race :blink:

Just dont get tested after the race :blink:

Blame it on the rabbit stew you had the night before.

"Sorry - homeopathic stuff does not work."

They are used by many, many people and sold in every pharmacy I have been into.

Your anecdotal evidence that they do not work for you is not exactly helpful.

So are Power Balance bracelets. Doesn't mean they work. There is no cure for the flu virus. Your body needs to kill it off naturally. Homeopathic 'medicine' is mostly unproven to work. You'll have just as much luck getting better by praying to your imaginary friend for a cure.

SNIP SNIP..... You'll have just as much luck getting better by praying to your imaginary friend for a cure.

Pleeez dont go starting a religous debate....again. (Not meaning u again, the hub again)

EDIT:

Or a powerbalance debate

Edited by SwissVan

Pleeez dont go starting a religous debate....again. (Not meaning u again, the hub again)

EDIT:

Or a powerbalance debate

Please? It's been ages since we had a thread deleted.

As did 'n Sweedse aksent is vat haar nommer!

Please? It's been ages since we had a thread deleted.

Ja but this one started off as being useful

Ja but this one started off as being useful

Yeah, as usefull as imaginary homeopathic remedies?