what will you be doing during the argus.... ?

ichnusa

Sleep till 8.30, ride down to the start for 9.12 off, and then to cruise around the Cape roads for a couple hours in my first road race.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sux man, Im in a similar boat, Rode that 3day GR 300 2 weeks ago, Knee was niggling and getting proper sore just before so I had a phisio stap it up whalla, no problems for 3 hard days of Mtb, then I got sick and only got out yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks, glad flu is over, but I could hardly walk after my ride yesterday.. Now im like WTF.. I'll just not rude untill sunday and strap it tight and take some Myprods, then take 2- 3 weeks off, watch that fitness go gdown the drain..

As for the origional Question. I'll be at the front ao the group and attack, attack , attack!! this fricken sub 3 story aint going to do it by itself, Im in C which didnt get near last year, so Im thinking If the wind doesnt blow to much Im still going to ride my tits off to give myself a chance. So I'll be looking for those with similar agenda at the front of C bunch. If you want it, Go gettit! then I'll go for the anual post argus surf at Glenbeach and watch the ou's come in..

Good luck to all

Not doing it as recovering from an Op

I seem to remember finishing once at Glen Beach and standing round a fire in the rain.Must have been 80's somewhere???

Everyone was bumming fags and then someone lit a joint

It was sort of like that then

Enjoy the surf

First for me too , then spending the whole week down in Cape Town to see what they have to offer ,anything exiting you guys think we should be doing there ,I am booked at a place called "Die strandloper" on Wedesday ,but I would like to see some wine farms too .............any help ?:rolleyes:

Hi CharlV, welcome man..

Couple of farms .you gotta try...Spier only for the Cheetahs..rolleyes.gif

The rest for the wines..Thelema, Boschendal, Rust en Vrede, Kanonkop, Warwick, Fairview, Neethlingshof and Nederburg to name a few..thumbup1.gifthumbup1.gif

Enjoy..some say that these wines are better 32gibiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by urbanroyal

Congratulations!!! :clap:

are you perhaps r? gerda's r? ride2rhodes and joberg2c and duathlon r???

Edited by cat-i

The Blue Route - Boyes Drive - Chappies and Suikerbossie :)

+1 - from E (2nd Argus - First was last year from M I think)

Doing my 19th, on my way to number 21.

Just want to finish not like the last two years, accident in 2009 and wheel problem in 2010

You can do it man! You did it last Saturday so shouldn't have any race day issues :thumbup:

Screaming at my tandem partner - my daughter - to peddle harder, and stop looking at the men...and concentrate on getting us over the hills. :rolleyes: starting in E.

nice to see your nick on the postings list Mr Lion

Thanks Slowbee, have not had much time to spend on the Hub lately, but still lurk here every now and again...

bergleeu!

i'll be starting in L and will never catch you.

doing it on a borrowed chro-moly bike, if you'd like to fall back a few groups? where's mrs lion seeded?

All depends how long I stop and who I meet up with... :whistling:

Whats with the borrowed bike? Not one in your collection good enough?

I am sure you will be able to catch up with me from L, I will be on my heavy chro-moly hybrid.

Look out for me at Simonstown waterpoint.

Mrs mountain_lion is seeded W, but has decided watch the action on TV :wacko:

Guest agteros

I'll be joining the runnning club for a long(ish) run

After the saterday super rugby, prob still sleeping. Might wake up early and watch a bit of the Argus on Supersport

All depends how long I stop and who I meet up with... :whistling:

Whats with the borrowed bike? Not one in your collection good enough?

I am sure you will be able to catch up with me from L, I will be on my heavy chro-moly hybrid.

Look out for me at Simonstown waterpoint.

Mrs mountain_lion is seeded W, but has decided watch the action on TV :wacko:

haha bergleeu you know i'll only catch you if you let me!

pity about mrs lion ... maybe she changes her mind before sunday, there's still time :)

the borrowed bike is also cro-moly; it might be older than yours, we can compare notes (and bikes) afterwards if you'll wait at the finish. (that's one way of getting you to wait for me there)

its just too much effort dragging my 'collection' to and fro with the added admin of books, laptop etc for the week afterwards.

see you on sunday :D

I'll be in a deep trance with mantra sub 1000 position until I cross that finish line.