The Annual Cycle EXPO

Jekyll

WAs at the expo this evening, same old, same old as last year, parking a bugger as usual. Was looking forward to see the Specialized Stand, seeing that there is a big following of specialized in the Western Cape, but what a let down, 4 or 5 different frames and a few accessories. That's about it. They may as well stayed at "home" as in previous years.

Chris Willemse on the other hand, what a great stand. Some awesome expo specials as well and in all, by far the best stand on the expo and great service to the public.Keep it up Chris and Team.

Hope all have a great ride on Sunday, and may the force be with you!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So no deals on Assos clothing?

There is a assos stand, but i dont know if there was any specials running

So no deals on Assos clothing?

The assos stand was run by Melanie from CWC... 10% discount as an opening day special... might be lucky and get dicounts on saturday if they want to move stock...

The assos stand was run by Melanie from CWC... 10% discount as an opening day special... might be lucky and get dicounts on saturday if they want to move stock...

R1500 shirt down to R1350... still a little out of my price range :( (Cool shirts though...)

Thats why I dont do Argus annymore :0

Cant justify spending R7500.00 on a 3 hour bike ride :(

And the chaos and admin that you have over the weekend , not worth it any more , my 2c waaaay overated :)

Have to agree. I am a big Specialized fan and their stand was a major dissapointment, hardly any selection and cyclelab prices. They were selling bottle cages for R220 that the Coimbra stand had identical for R180, with 10% off yesterday! CWC had awesome specials, got myself a good Conti tyre/tube deal and got out of there.

If they had advertised that a bit better I would have bought another pair of pants. No way was I going to pay more than I can get it online (from a SA shop). Plus, the service wasn't great, I stood around waiting for help and got none and they were not busy.

If they had advertised that a bit better I would have bought another pair of pants. No way was I going to pay more than I can get it online (from a SA shop). Plus, the service wasn't great, I stood around waiting for help and got none and they were not busy.

is there suggestion box for these concerns to be placed in so that this event can get better for the future??

And the chaos and admin that you have over the weekend , not worth it any more , my 2c waaaay overated :)

It's more than just a bike ride - it's thefunride world champs... there was even some guy called "Lance" who did it last year... apparently he won a small race in France 7 times in a row...

Well, go slower then, if you do it in 6hr you've doubled your value :lol:

Been there done that got the medal and t shirt.

Bunches tooo big :( and to dangerous.

If you live in CT well then it is a different story :)

The Cr@ppy Goody Bag was a bit of a let down - The stands were boring and did you see PowerAde jumped on the "lets keep our Prices the same but make bottle size smaller" boat as well, fokit.

The can of tuna I got in my Goody bag was oil base, SAY WHAT!??!, OIL BASE!!!!! WTF?!

oO, The one thing I enjoyed was the free tests at Medi Clinic and such nice stuff members. :thumbup: