Sub 3 Club Cape Argus 2011

andretraut

Indeed, nobody know the answer to what seemed an easy question?

Each group has an exact start time. When you start and cross the first mats, they log your chip and now know in which group you started. When you finish the race they get your finishing time based on the exact start time of your group.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got it! way down and through Camps Bay. Finished in a time of about 2:57 - 2:58.

All that hours in the saddle training and racing, niklasvm...

Glory Time!!

Have they made the Argus easier/shorter? In 2003 the winning time for the A bunch was 2:51

Edited by chris_w_65

Sub 3 baby! My Garmin has it at 2:57:12 (but that is unofficial). Got to the top of Suikerbossie at 2:33/34 - so from then on I knew it would be possible.

@atraut - were you in red spez kit? I was riding a Celeste and Yellow Bianchi with Metropolitan kit - was out front or towards the front of the bunch a lot. I remember a red spez kit coming past me up Suikerbossie and being in the mix until the end.

@niklasvm - nice one man!

@Stefan - I was 3rd in the climb from E bunch up Chappies. We were working hard from the beginning. I had to chuckle at the E lead rider shouting 'keep left' as we were motoring up there. Got stuck behind another E rider going up and lost touch of the front two guys. One of them was a 1st year junior rider (Josh from JHB) whose team mates were seeded in A. Flipping strong dude!

You were with the top guys of the E-bunch?

I came from L-group and I think I just made it or just missed it (how do they take your group exact start time?! When the first rider crosses the mats?)

Came 2nd in my group.

When does results usually come in?

Race only officially finished 10min ago......prob tomorrow on racetec

Well done AirBender - you madfe the right choice to stick with your group - I saw HeadHunter but not sure if he managed a sub 3 - do you?

:angry: All you speed freaks :cursing: I got a 4:03 om my watch started in RR. 1:15 minutes better than last year though :thumbup: . Had a flat a few traffic jams

Have they made the Argus easier/shorter? In 2003 the winning time for the A bunch was 2:51

it was the 0% wind factor today that made it possible :thumbup:

Edited by SirK

2h37min for me

beat my old time by 26min

That's awesome, did'nt you also win the u23 yesterday as well?

I got 2:55, I think.

From Group C.

Awesome weather - there should be a few PB's again today.

I Bos out there - he left me for dead on Chappies.

I also saw Fanie Fiets.

And Lilo on the start line.

And FRAIL on Boyes Drive - looking strong as always.

@atraut - were you in red spez kit? I was riding a Celeste and Yellow Bianchi with Metropolitan kit - was out front or towards the front of the bunch a lot. I remember a red spez kit coming past me up Suikerbossie and being in the mix until the end.

Jip SirK, it was me in red Spez kit. I marked you on Suikerbossie. Had a miss shift and a derailled chain as we hit Chappies, and had a lot of recovery to do when we got to Suikerbossie. Well done on your awesome time!:clap:

Managed about 3:03 - a more livable miss than my 3:00:04 of 2008 :blush: Very well done and congrats to all you sub 3ers :clap:

* hands clasped, head bowed, no eye contact * I shall now remove myself from your majestic presence and go train for next year hehe

Well done AirBender - you madfe the right choice managed a sub 3 - do you?

[Na, I had a tough race after a great peak 3 weeks ago in a race... And lil' time on the bike in the build up due to travel.]

Just praising all the riders I know who worked so hard for the magical sub 3.