Disgusted Argus 2011

Seandmerida96

Well I must admit I was totally pissed off yesterday. Started in batch VB and could not believe the amount of VMs that started with us. Either they were trying to score an extra 4mins which according to the sub 3 topic no one is 100% sure of how timing works. Or they were trying to get the benefits of a slightly faster group! One of the guilty parties even had national champs hoops on his Jersey(But then again maybe he bought the jersey although he could certainly ride). These guys in my humble opinion should know better! One guy(VM) finished with my group right on the edge of Sub 3(I still wait to see my official time but fear I missed by about 11 secs :( ) and he was celebrating like no tomorrow! I know he started with VB so who is he trying to kid?????

The time gaps of 3 minutes between starts werent sufficient at these perfect conditions. I was also riding in VB. At one stage the A Groupers caughts us. I saw Ladies, VMs, resting As, dropped off VAs and fellow VBs, all in a bunch that must have consisted of some 350 - 400 riders, 70 km into the race. Crazy, but that's the Argus for you.

Thought VM started with us. They kept them at the back of the start group but let'em go off with VB. At least that is what I believed all along.

In the end it was lots of fun and I did my sub-3 with 4 minutes to spare, no crash, no puncture, perfect day allround!

VB and VM started in the same bunch, just as VA and elite ladies! Nothing illegal here, thats the way they were seeded.

VB and VM started in the same bunch, just as VA and elite ladies! Nothing illegal here, thats the way they were seeded.

There we go. Thought so.

Simple comment, Simple Answer! Saw the blue line and was under the impression they were starting behind us! Constructive comment or answer like all the others might have been usefull! Beyond You?

it wasnt a simple comment - it was a full on bitch and moan.

now that it turns out you were entirely wrong about it you're kwaadskaam....

It is their/everyone’s prerogative to move back a group or more

That only applies to falling back to the open groups, you cannot fall back from one vet/cat group to another. A VA rider falling back to VM for instance and then helping his mate is not allowed.

there was a guy with a OF number who started with our J bunch....and he couldnt caught us cause when we finished they just started.....

Argus always used to have pretty strict batch control, you had to have your batch gate pass and they checked your number.

I think you road oakies have got far to much testosterone in your systems.

Is it something you put in your meat, or what?

bwahaha.... what a chop, posting a silly comment like this

Yes I agree totally, he is upset that Uwe Schmidt beat him and for him to say he bought the SA jersey is nothing but a slap in the face to Uwe and shows how much he knows about the people in the sport.

What amazes me so much is that everyones lives revolve around the Argus and doing the "all mighty god" time of under 3hrs. Its like if they dont do it then they nothing to brag about at the office on Monday cause all year they have been bullshitting their co-workers that they are some seasoned athlete-close to Pro on a bike yet cant do under 3hrs.

Its sad to think that some peoples lives are so empty that its come to this.

Its a race, deal with it and move on cause you can always try next year

Bwahahahahaha. Priceless.

You are the weakest link, goodbye.

Well I must admit I was totally pissed off yesterday. Started in batch VB and could not believe the amount of VMs that started with us. Either they were trying to score an extra 4mins which according to the sub 3 topic no one is 100% sure of how timing works. Or they were trying to get the benefits of a slightly faster group! One of the guilty parties even had national champs hoops on his Jersey(But then again maybe he bought the jersey although he could certainly ride). These guys in my humble opinion should know better! One guy(VM) finished with my group right on the edge of Sub 3(I still wait to see my official time but fear I missed by about 11 secs :( ) and he was celebrating like no tomorrow! I know he started with VB so who is he trying to kid?????

You were not good enough pal!

Your time also doesn't get taken from the group you were starting in, but rather when you went over the timing mat so even if people did start a group earlier, their time would still be the same. If they are then able to ride with that group, maybe their seeding wasn't perfect anyway.

Yes I agree totally, he is upset that Uwe Schmidt beat him and for him to say he bought the SA jersey is nothing but a slap in the face to Uwe and shows how much he knows about the people in the sport.

What amazes me so much is that everyones lives revolve around the Argus and doing the "all mighty god" time of under 3hrs. Its like if they dont do it then they nothing to brag about at the office on Monday cause all year they have been bullshitting their co-workers that they are some seasoned athlete-close to Pro on a bike yet cant do under 3hrs.

Its sad to think that some peoples lives are so empty that its come to this.

Its a race, deal with it and move on cause you can always try next year

hahaha, agree with this post! some oaks live their life from one argus to the next! wtf. seriously wtf.