Argus TV coverage

Grebel

I PVR'd the Argus coverage on Sunday and sat down to watch it last night after getting home. When the coverage started, I was quite impressed that the cameras that they used to film the Raooprt Tour were still in working order and functional enough to do the 2011 Argus!!

Seriously though,Supersport have the facility to broadcast in HD but we have to endure that quality at the Tour of SA and the Argus? There are some cell phones that record better quality than that!

The coverage was OK, just the quality sucked!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the **** quality the announcers kept calling the riders in $ the wrong names. Poor effort in my eyes.

I PVR'd the Argus coverage on Sunday and sat down to watch it last night after getting home. When the coverage started, I was quite impressed that the cameras that they used to film the Raooprt Tour were still in working order and functional enough to do the 2011 Argus!!

Seriously though,Supersport have the facility to broadcast in HD but we have to endure that quality at the Tour of SA and the Argus? There are some cell phones that record better quality than that!

The coverage was OK, just the quality sucked!

They used the same cameras in the ToSA.

The female presenter looked like she would rather be somewhere else as well. I recall one of the commentators referring to Burry Stander as Darryl Impey!!! "And that looks like Daryl Impey in third place or is that Darren Lill. Oh it's Burry Stander..."

They used the same cameras in the ToSA.

After watching the Argus coverage I came to the same conclusion. Surely they can do better than that?

I havent see any of the coverage, but I was getting bored of the SABC sport crew and all the multilingual interviews and silly questions around the course throughout the day.

Nothing to do with the cameras, it was the signal..... Seems like they compressed the hell out of the broadcast <_<

Camera work was shoddy, the final 15minutes of the elite men and we're getting shots of the ground, sky and one or two abstracts of the mountain with one or two riders in the bottom right of the frame.

Exposures also were way out.

Seemed to be a fair bit of mist as well but still.

No finish line camera either, just an angled shot that showed the sponsored banner more than anything else. If the the ToSA was anything like this, poor!

The female presenter looked like she would rather be somewhere else as well. I recall one of the commentators referring to Burry Stander as Darryl Impey!!! "And that looks like Daryl Impey in third place or is that Darren Lill. Oh it's Burry Stander..."

Must have been Gerald de Kock

seems like it's time for me to switch to shooting video...

I reckon that may not be such a bad idea. Bring a few mates as well!

Guest Big H

The camera positions at the finish was so bad that nobody knew who were first over the line. They had a camera positioned right above the finish banner and viwers just saw these flashing figires cross the line. Done extremely amateurish.

The mist may have been a problem regarding line of sight to the chopper as the sinal was poor, extremely poor.

I watched some Paris-Nice footage.

Then some of yesterday's Argus.

The variance in broadcast quality was eina. :blush:

Same here Airbender - I was spolit by the quality and commentary of the Paris-Nice coverage - so imagine the shock when the recording. Luckily the FF button saved the day.

Edited by Fakes