How does this guy get a D start for the Argus?

Spat

Hi

I know of someone who was way behind in the racing season leading up to this years Argus, so when I heard he had a D start I was very curious to see his times on racetec, see below, I want to know how this guys managed to get a D start with these times?

I have emailed the cycletour website to ask them as well, nothing but automated response.

He woudl not even have made the J group start never mind all the way up to D

Excuse the cut and pastes.

Removing the times as my intention was not to attack this rider, more to confirm that the seeding process is open to Favours.

Edited by Spat

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember they also place you according to the amount of times you entered?

Entered what? I got an RR start because I "entered more than 1 qualifying event". What a gyp! Placed in the lower middle-of-the-field hardly counts as an incentive to try hard next time.

I also want to know.

If he can cheat and get away with it, I also want to dammit! :clap:

I dont think they are going to give you a high seeding just because you have ridden it X amount of times.

With his low burger time, he should have been seeded lower down in the alphabet.

Maybe he received a O seeding for the race and he used a permanent marker to turn it into a D?

Who knows, but something really doesnt tie up here.

dude, find something constructive to do with your time..

+1

So he rode D group. Good for him.

If they gave you and A start would you phone them up and tell them to push yoou back a bit because you're not that good?

Other people's lives are exactly that - other people's lives. Trawling the web to find out why some other dude got a leg up is an absolute waste of time.

Much like my post here.

Doh.

I agree with Big Til.

What difference does it make what time he rode in whatever race?

He might have done a sub 3 back in the day - so that is why he got a good seeding..... unless he only started this season and got accidentally seeded in D..... it just means that I passed him and beat him by just over 30 min. Does nothing for the ego.... well not for his I mean.

My interest is to understand how this seeding works, I have worked hard this year to move up the ladder and put effort in in for the seeding events to get a particular start.

I am not trying to find issues with this guy in particular, I dont care really about his time etc...

What I do want to know is if the system is flawed and how it works.

If you not interseted in knowing then dont read the post.

Edited by Spat

I had a B start for the Argus based on the past 2 editions. I doubt if my PPA rides would have qualified me to ride in J group.

He might have done a sub 3 back in the day - so that is why he got a good seeding..... unless he only started this season and got accidentally seeded in D..... it just means that I passed him and beat him by just over 30 min. Does nothing for the ego.... well not for his I mean.

Nope no sub 3 in his history and it only gets worse as you look back.

I guess he must have known someone, I wanted to see if I was missing something but obviously not, only conclusion I can draw is that he knew someone who could make things happen.

I had a B start for the Argus based on the past 2 editions. I doubt if my PPA rides would have qualified me to ride in J group.

Based on your past 2 editions, which has merit then because you must have rode well in the 2 past times?

Remember they also place you according to the amount of times you entered?

There are plenty of yellow numbers i.e. more than 10 Argus's in way down start groups.