Cape Times Vigne-a-Vigne 2011

SWM1

Also, those who didn't get a medal can collect one at their offices in Long street CPT. I did. If i remember correctly its number 154 but call to be sure.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, those who didn't get a medal can collect one at their offices in Long street CPT. I did. If i remember correctly its number 154 but call to be sure.

Problem is I drove down from Pta for the event and to just enjoy the Cape MTB scene, but didn't feature on the results (I did 4 hrs 34 mins - so rather long day!) and swinging past their offices doesn't seem like time well spent.

Hopefully the same nonsense doesn't happen next year...

Oi! Give that lass a BELLS

Thanks for the honest reply Sarah. I think many riders simply wanted some acknowledgement from Grandstand's side. Now lets make 2012 a huge success.

actually this is a joke...Can I hear a refund?

You can Tarmac-SL3... shocking...!! Awesome ride - the rest eg. organization/results/goodie bag/timing/medals etc etc etc etc is crappy...!!

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

mmmm... what happened to Sarah's post? :unsure:

hmmm... maybe not passed by the PR guys... Awesome race but I would suggest the Absa Cape Epic organisers OUTSOURCE this race rather than trying to juggle too many balls. They have a fantastic race in an AWESOME setting (the route was COOL). I feel sorry for them, all they want to do is bring us to Lourensford to enjoy the massive entertainment but it seem's there is a big communication breakdown somewhere.

I think if you want an awesome ride and even better entertainment definitely do the race, but if you are after glory and a medal even though you should not even be riding a mountain bike and hold the rest of us up... maybe enter the small races designed for beginners.

Awesome race but I would suggest the Absa Cape Epic organisers OUTSOURCE this race rather than trying to juggle too many balls.

they DID outsource it according to Sarah's post. pity it's been deleted, that was a decent response

they DID outsource it according to Sarah's post. pity it's been deleted, that was a decent response

too bad its been deleted... care to share the gist of it?

Apparently there will be an official notice posted on the hub and on the website tomorrow.

Edited by Beerboy

the website now states:

2011 Race Results

We apologise for the delay in posting the results. Due to the fact that some riders chose to ride the short route despite registering for the long route, the result rankings needs to be checked manually and it may not be possible to provide an official ranking for the 2011 Cape Times Vigne à Vigne. If you would like to receive your time, please email info@cape-epic.com and we will give you your race time. Our sincere apologies and you have our commitment that the 2012 Cape Times Vigne à Vigne will have accurate race results similar to those delivered for the Absa Cape Epic.

ek wonder nounet hoe dit mens se seeding gan affekteer???

Apparently there will be an official notice posted on the hub and on the website tomorrow.

From the site

We apologise for the delay in posting the results. Due to the fact that some riders chose to ride the short route despite registering for the long route, the result rankings needs to be checked manually and it may not be possible to provide an official ranking for the 2011 Cape Times Vigne à Vigne. If you would like to receive your time, please email info@cape-epic.com and we will give you your race time. Our sincere apologies and you have our commitment that the 2012 Cape Times Vigne à Vigne will have accurate race results similar to those delivered for the Absa Cape Epic.

Timing chips?

Its sad that mountain biking has evolved into a sport that has to be governed by electronics. Gone are the days of doing a race and having a time recorded on your word of honour. I've had occasions where I needed to abandon longer rides and the first thing I would do is to report it to the race director / timing official or email them when I get home.

Now we need to have expensive timing equipment and timing chips with timing mats throughout the course to govern riders.

Its sad that mountain biking has evolved into a sport that has to be governed by electronics. Gone are the days of doing a race and having a time recorded on your word of honour. I've had occasions where I needed to abandon longer rides and the first thing I would do is to report it to the race director / timing official or email them when I get home.

Now we need to have expensive timing equipment and timing chips with timing mats throughout the course to govern riders.

I am part of the organisation of a number of events in Botswana.We have always used stopwatches,pen and paper etc but the numbers have grown to the extent that we are considering buying some form of timing system.

Its just too chaotic doing it manually now.Unfortunate but if it makes our lives easier why not

ek wonder nounet hoe dit mens se seeding gan affekteer???

Dit het geen invloed op jou seeding nie, dit was nie n PPA race nie.

They only take your good times anyway for seeding so even if it was a ppa event it wouldn't do anything (as far as I understand it)