Cape Times Vigne-a-Vigne 2011

SWM1

We came around the same time, and never received medals too!

But we had one of our riders who crashed so we rushed to the medic tent.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the 50km the single track was great but just battle to find a nice flow to the course maybe that was just me on the day. What really pisses me off is that it was really expensive compared to other races on the mtb calendar and they still have not put the times up. On the marshal side I saw loads and I think we went through 3 water points so no complaints there.

.. if I were you I'd drop them a mail and voice my displeasure.

agreed - info@grandstandmanagement.com

moved from KZN to CT in December. Ive done a few of the CT MTB races and found them all to be roadie races on MTB, I was hoping Lourensford was going to change my perception but nope it was another roadie race with very little single track. To be honest you could quite easily ride that course on a cylocross bike. Which has just given me an idea for next year although if the lucky epic lotto chooses my name I might not have to. But seriously guys which races are in CT are proper MTB races which could be compared to the like of the Karkloof classic, Tour de Kraanz, Illovo Eston etc etc where at least 60% of the race is single track, rock gardens, bridges etc?

But seriously guys which races are in CT are proper MTB races which could be compared to the like of the Karkloof classic, Tour de Kraanz, Illovo Eston etc etc where at least 60% of the race is single track, rock gardens, bridges etc?

I don't know what Karkloof et al are like, but I can tell you that if you want a challenge, do Eselfontein (in October usually). 25km, 40km and 70km options. The longer routes have gut busting climbs, miles of singletrack (some of which is proper forest singletrack - that gets ridden twice) and rocky, fast descents!

Have you ridden many of the Cape Town trails? Outside of races, there is much of the terrain you seek to be ridden :thumbup:

moved from KZN to CT in December. Ive done a few of the CT MTB races and found them all to be roadie races on MTB, I was hoping Lourensford was going to change my perception but nope it was another roadie race with very little single track. To be honest you could quite easily ride that course on a cylocross bike. Which has just given me an idea for next year although if the lucky epic lotto chooses my name I might not have to. But seriously guys which races are in CT are proper MTB races which could be compared to the like of the Karkloof classic, Tour de Kraanz, Illovo Eston etc etc where at least 60% of the race is single track, rock gardens, bridges etc?

I disagree with you. I also lived in KZN and did karkloof, jeep multisport series etc. I dont think they differ much from what you got on sunday. I thought sunday was great and compares to the best and most balanced ride ive done. Technical rocky climbs(the 2nd one), technical and fast decents(I normally measure the technicality by seeing if its possible for me to remove one hand off the handlebar whilst riding, there wasnt much time for that on sunday), just enough singletrack(if its too much you wait too much behind slow riders which buggers up the whole experience and stops the flow). if you only moved here in december, you will also experience your first muddy cape winter and believe me that will spice things up, with more river crossings, muddy sections, etc. lots of cool races coming up so try them out and decide for yourself which one compares best to what you are used to. happy riding

;)

The Short race was ok, 1 or 2 nice climbs, just do not understand why the riders that dont make it up the hills dont stay to the left when walking so riders that do try and cycle up can pass them on the right.... :unsure:

+1!

the 50km wasn't a tough race but very nice, also dissapointed at the finish line with no juice,medals etc. I dont think it was timed... Who timed then ? There was no one there. And we def made it long before cut off.

the 50km wasn't a tough race but very nice, also dissapointed at the finish line with no juice,medals etc. I dont think it was timed... Who timed then ? There was no one there. And we def made it long before cut off.

they advertised it as a timed race

ja dis wat ek ook wil weet if it was timed...who timed it and where can we get results???

da was juice en medals :) mayb you finished too quickly hulle het nog nie kans gehad om die juice en medals uit te pak nie!laugh.gif

ESELFONTEIN single track heaven

The route in general was awesome though, great singletrack, great climbs and fast descents, real-world MTB riding.

Agreed

:)

Vigne-a-Vigne site says:

Please bear with us while we sort out 2011 race results issues. We hope to have these results displayed by Friday.

Use of the word "issues" bugs me a little <_<

Yeah... probably trying to figure out how to generate finish times for all the people coming in after they packed up their lazy asses before race cut-off.

I also did the race and had an absolute blast!

Thing was that I struggled with the single track and was quite slow on it - where in PTA or JHB area is there good schooling ground for the fast single tracks?

Vigne-a-Vigne site says:

Please bear with us while we sort out 2011 race results issues. We hope to have these results displayed by Friday.

Yeah... probably trying to figure out how to generate finish times for all the people coming in after they packed up their lazy asses before race cut-off.

all my details on my garmin..hulle moet waag om my tyd verkeerd te kryangry.gif