Riding The Argus route twice!

Pickles

How many of you are aware that there is a rule that says "You may not ride The Argus route twice"? My son (and HUNDREDS of other cyclists) did exactly that! Some, like my son, did not remove their transponders before commencing their 2nd lap.

He rode a 2hour 34 minute Argus (from $) and has been disqualified! A brilliant result for an 18 year old. And all for nothing!

So, beware! :thumbdown:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bummer, have you guys been banned for the next few argusses (argi?) now as claimed in the rules?

don't know if there were 100's of two timers, maybe 50 odd? maybe 40-45?

really, thats is good. In my opinion that should not have happened, riding the route twice. It shows nothing but inconsideration to the next person. After all they had their chance, enjoyed it, and then went to spoil it for the slower riders. So well done to the organisers for picking up on this and banning them

LOADS of people do it twice for charity (for example). They are sponsored per km. I personally know of 11 from $ and half a dozen of VA's and VB's who did it. If I can name that many (not that I EVER would, I can only imagine 100's probably did do it twice.

Anyway, quantity of double lappers wasn't the point.

really, thats is good. In my opinion that should not have happened, riding the route twice. It shows nothing but inconsideration to the next person. After all they had their chance, enjoyed it, and then went to spoil it for the slower riders. So well done to the organisers for picking up on this and banning them

The boys IGNORANTLY broke a rule. Granted. But, pray tell Eistein, how did they "spoil it for the slower riders"? As it happens, the 4 boys who rode together the 2nd time replaced many a chain, fixed many a puncture and pushed many a fat old lady up the hills. They had FUN with the slower riders actually.

The organisers would never have picked it up without computer technology...so no kudo's necessary to them.

I was not looking for a whole lot of negativity. I was simply making people aware of what happened, so that, hopefully, it doesn't happen to them. Ignorantly. Geddit?

Surely they would have made arrangements to do it twice for charity!!

What? Like good ole South African laws? They apply to some, but not to the chosen few? It is NOT allowed!

What? Like good ole South African laws? They apply to some, but not to the chosen few? It is NOT allowed!

then they should be banned and deserved to be banned whether for fun raising or not. If you cant take the time out to follow procedure then you should face the consequences

How many of you are aware that there is a rule that says "You may not ride The Argus route twice"? My son (and HUNDREDS of other cyclists) did exactly that! Some, like my son, did not remove their transponders before commencing their 2nd lap.

He rode a 2hour 34 minute Argus (from $) and has been disqualified! A brilliant result for an 18 year old. And all for nothing!

So, beware! :thumbdown:

If its not on racetec he didn't do it,lol! :P

bummer, have you guys been banned for the next few argusses (argi?) now as claimed in the rules?

don't know if there were 100's of two timers, maybe 50 odd? maybe 40-45?

HAHA! Listen to that on 5fm every morning

Yeah I did, I thought most people knew about it, the organisers made a big noise about it two years ago and its been a sort of low key rumbling ever since, saying that they would disqualify anyone found riding the course twice, they had reasons, the biggest one been extra congestion on the roads, but there were others, like refreshments issues, you only pay to ride the course once and there could be potential insurance issues in the event of an accident.

If anyone cares to read my original post, the kids were simply UNAWARE of the rule. Riyadh, you seem to know a lot...about a lot of things. Were you aware of this rule? Bloody brilliant if you were. I went and Googled Cycle Tour rules and regulations AFTER the lady at RACETEC informed me as to why my son's result wasn't up.

Right or wrong or indifferent....my question was, "How many of you are aware....?" He has accepted the consequence in a mature way. No arguments. Just disappointment.

If anyone cares to read my original post, the kids were simply UNAWARE of the rule. Riyadh, you seem to know a lot...about a lot of things. Were you aware of this rule? Bloody brilliant if you were. I went and Googled Cycle Tour rules and regulations AFTER the lady at RACETEC informed me as to why my son's result wasn't up.

Right or wrong or indifferent....my question was, "How many of you are aware....?" He has accepted the consequence in a mature way. No arguments. Just disappointment.

im not sure i buy that - how can he be riding in $ and be unaware of that rule?

either way - ignorance is no excuse.

still - it does suck

yeah _ i knew about this rule... just wasn't aware that they enforced it... must suck having done such a good time, and then getting disqualified :unsure:

PIckles, this is why second lappers should go jump in a fish pond.

Slowbee......did you read that post to the bottom? Check the last paragraph brother (or sister). It's not all bad!