Formula 1...

'Dale

And confirmed, Ricciardo to Renault

Unless renault have some seriaaaaas rabbits up their sleeves I think Danny Ric is making A mistake , he is caught between a rock and A hard place tho 

.....Anyone know if Alonso's contract is set in stone yet  :ph34r:

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton made a "mistake" when he left McLaren.

Ferrari didn't sign Ricciardo. I assume to get Le Clerc either next year or 2020.

It is going to be very interesting few weeks of musical chairs. Lando Norris and George Russell need to get slotted in somewhere. Carlos Jnr might get the Red Bull seat, but he hasn't exactly set the world alight this year.

Ocon and Perez will be fighting over the last Force India / Stroll seat. Perez might lose out owing to him putting Force India into Administration.

Stoffel will most probably lose his seat, but if Alonso goes to Indy full time next year then McLaren have a huge hole to fill. Alonso in a Red Bull might be interesting but he is far too old for their image.

Any young driver 10 years ago would sell both kidneys to get a Williams drive, but at the moment no one wants to touch them.

This is far more intriguing than the racing this year.

Unless renault have some seriaaaaas rabbits up their sleeves I think Danny Ric is making A mistake , he is caught between a rock and A hard place tho

.....Anyone know if Alonso's contract is set in stone yet :ph34r:

Alonso didn't really leave the Honda door open with his public rants.

Ferrari didn't sign Ricciardo. I assume to get Le Clerc either next year or 2020.

It is going to be very interesting few weeks of musical chairs. Lando Norris and George Russell need to get slotted in somewhere. Carlos Jnr might get the Red Bull seat, but he hasn't exactly set the world alight this year.

Ocon and Perez will be fighting over the last Force India / Stroll seat. Perez might lose out owing to him putting Force India into Administration.

Stoffel will most probably lose his seat, but if Alonso goes to Indy full time next year then McLaren have a huge hole to fill. Alonso in a Red Bull might be interesting but he is far too old for their image.

Any young driver 10 years ago would sell both kidneys to get a Williams drive, but at the moment no one wants to touch them.

What do you recon will happen to Brendon , given that Gasly could very likely take the redbull seat

What do you recon will happen to Brendon , given that Gasly could very likely take the redbull seat

He seems a decent sort of guy but has had really bad luck this year. I'm surprised they gave him the drive last year.

Norris might get his seat next year. If Gasly gets promoted who is left in the Red Bull Junior program to take his place? So Hartley might get lucky.

He seems a decent sort of guy but has had really bad luck this year. I'm surprised they gave him the drive last year.

Norris might get his seat next year. If Gasly gets promoted who is left in the Red Bull Junior program to take his place? So Hartley might get lucky.

I really hope he does , I seriously don't think we've seen what he can do yet 

• 2 weeks later...

Read yesterday that Kimi has been signed on for a 2 year deal at Ferrari. Does not make sense with le Clerc in the mix but apparently a clause for either to get out after 1 year so maybe 1 more year of apprenticeship for le Clerc......

wonder if they'll keep Vandoorne

I hope so, really rate him but with the poor performing car he hasn't been able to show it.

His car especiaaly is problematic. They literally took it to standard, used Alonso's parts even and yet car wasn't performing. There was an article where they said they were lost for words!!!

I hope so, really rate him but with the poor performing car he hasn't been able to show it.

His car especiaaly is problematic. They literally took it to standard, used Alonso's parts even and yet car wasn't performing. There was an article where they said they were lost for words!!!

It all depends on what Norris does in GP2 this year. He has a contract in his pocket for a McLaren drive if he wins the GP2 title this year. He has his work cut out with Russell leading the championship at the moment.

Stoffel's only hope of a McLaren drive next year is Norris finishing second in GP2 and taking the second Toro Rosso seat.

Then there is the problem of how McLaren will fit in Nicolas Latifi. His old man has pumped in some serious money into McLaren a few months ago and I assume there is some unwritten clause to use his kid.

Just read a report that Ocon has been linked to the second McLaren seat. The soap opera gets even better.