Formula 1...

'Dale

17 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Heres hoping your budget allows for 5 tickets and not 1 or 2. Could become awkward.......

Yeah it would. Budget set at R50k. I am kinda hoping it will get us tickets for multiple days. If it doesn't, we really are being screwed. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Yeah it would. Budget set at R50k. I am kinda hoping it will get us tickets for multiple days. If it doesn't, we really are being screwed. 

Friend said he paid R10k for a weekend pass in 2010 so you might need to save a bit.
R50k might get you your 5 day passes for race day IF the F1 even comes here.......

1 minute ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Friend said he paid R10k for a weekend pass in 2010 so you might need to save a bit.
R50k might get you your 5 day passes for race day IF the F1 even comes here.......

Yeah there will be no extra saving unfortunately. That is already a pretty large amount for me so if it only gets me race day x5 then so be it.

On 7/15/2022 at 2:04 PM, Long Wheel Base said:

Yeah there will be no extra saving unfortunately. That is already a pretty large amount for me so if it only gets me race day x5 then so be it.

Yeah, that is a lot of money. At least the racing of late is decent, worth watching.

Well is this the critical point Where the championship starts falling apart for Ferrari and Charles 

15 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Well is this the critical point Where the championship starts falling apart for Ferrari and Charles 

It already has surely.
I see the Ferrari strategists again playing it too safe. Sainz was on for a possible podium there.
Also, what the hell was Perez doing on that restart.......

4 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

It already has surely.
I see the Ferrari strategists again playing it too safe. Sainz was on for a possible podium there.
Also, what the hell was Perez doing on that restart.......

Yeah, it could possibly have been a podium, even after the 5s penalty was applied. They must have thought that the tyres wouldn't last to the end.

Apparently Race control sent out two "Virtual Safety Car" ending messages, which caused Perez to increase his speed too early and get caught out by having to slow down again before the green flags.

1 hour ago, MrJacques said:

Vettel to retire at the end of 2022: 

Saw that, overdue tbh. A number of drivers who are hanging on longer than they should. Sad part of motorsport lately.

2 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Saw that, overdue tbh. A number of drivers who are hanging on longer than they should. Sad part of motorsport lately.

Alonso could be going until he's 50 😅 but he's still competitive.

9 minutes ago, MrJacques said:

Alonso could be going until he's 50 😅 but he's still competitive.

Yeah, I suppose my biggest gripe with the drivers holding on too long is that it tarnishes their record but also it blocks a seat for a younger and possibly more talented driver coming up or moving into a more competitive seat.

33 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Yeah, I suppose my biggest gripe with the drivers holding on too long is that it tarnishes their record but also it blocks a seat for a younger and possibly more talented driver coming up or moving into a more competitive seat.

I liked Seb, but like you said, this was probably slightly overdue. Hopefully we can see Piastri on the grid next year. Him at Williams would be a good move and a proper test alongside Albon. 

5 minutes ago, aiyaaz said:

I'm a bit surprised, I though Alonso was close to extending his Alpine deal.

I think they have long term potential because they are putting a lot of money towards things, but right now it seems like a step backwards and Alonso might not be there long enough to see the long term benefits.

Also would assume that Piastri would probably be joining Alpine next year.

Edited by MrJacques

2 minutes ago, MrJacques said:

I'm a bit surprised, I though Alonso was close to extending his Alpine deal.

I think they have long term potential because they are putting a lot of money towards things, but right now it seems like a step backwards and Alonso might not be there long enough to see the long term benefits.

Also would assume that Piastri would probably be joining Alpine next year.

This ^ (PLEASE)