Formula 1...

'Dale

.. Old schumi reflexes are not what they used to be! :eek: :lol:

Dunno what happened there... It was as if he was phone texting while racing.

:mellow:

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its official; Lewis is off to Mercedes next season and the likelihood is that Perez will replace him at McLaren.

http://uk.eurosport....-090556843.html

Personally I think this is a 'win win' situation for both parties. This gives McLaren the opportunity to give other drivers the chance to develope their careers with an established team.

I think Lewis was in a 'rut' and the move will do him good. Maybe the first year spent developing a generally 'middle of the pack' car, and when the engine rules change for 2014 - 1600 Turbo's - into a championship winning car, will mature Lewis Hamilton as a driver and as a person.

I really hope it works out for him.

UPDATE:

Perez has signed a multi-year contract with McLaren

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/hamilton-join-mercedes-reports-063424898.html

Edited by Coolcat

Lewis banking a lot on Merc and Brawn for the new engine regs I reckon... I see next year being one of frustration for him. From where I'm sitting he should have stayed, but ja, maybe he was just in a rut as coolcat said and needed to make the move for himself...

As for Button being No.1 I see him battling to asert that - Perez is the complete package. Reckon Ferrari will kick themselves in a year or 2 that they didn't give him Massa's seat...

Yeah not sure why hamilton would want to move to a B grade car, guess im going to have to scream for perez seeing as im not a button fan, would have prefered Rosberg or kimi in the mclaren seat though.

Is Massa gonna retain his seat at Ferrari...

I hope a new talent can be recruited.

Alonso is a moody one to team up with. :-)

Is Massa gonna retain his seat at Ferrari...

I hope a new talent can be recruited.

Alonso is a moody one to team up with. :-)

Alonso wants to be the Number 1 driver. Thats why he couldn't get along at Mclaren. He felt Lewis was getting "preferrential" treatment.

I still think Lewis made a mistake signing a contract with Mercedes. Yes, Mclaren had reliability issues but it could also be driving style that caused engine failure etc.

It's a champion team and car wheras Mercedes has a lot to prove still.

I guess Lewis probably went for the money and attraction of taking Schumi's seat at Mercedes.... He'll regret it later as he wont be a championship contender anymore.

Even Kimi's laughing and he doesn't do that very often !!!

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx262/kleban05/53833610151732654990644.jpg