Formula 1...

'Dale

Circuit de Catalunya coming up this weekend

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2014-05-05-at-08.41.46.png

Was doing a couple of laps on the PS last night and that it a really nice, flowing track that is ruined by the chicane at turns 14 and 15.

Can't wait for the race, should be a good one.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very much prefer the old track layout. Loves those last two right-handers leading onto the main straight.

But even so, this has always been (for me) a relatively boring race where most likely you end up with teammates ending up together, because it is so "car dependent" - unless something/-one spices it up.

Circuit de Catalunya coming up this weekend

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2014-05-05-at-08.41.46.png

I went to this race two years ago, there is a grandstand at turn two which has one of the best view points at any track in the world. Great track in near a uber cool city.

When Alonso performs it turns into a football stadium atmosphere.

Fans want louder cars but then they wear ear protection. Keep it like it is.

With you here. Should be easy to fix the TV side without modifying the cars. The last person one should ask what F1's wants and needs is F1. They have no idea where to go with what and how to get there. Sad really.

Fans want louder cars but then they wear ear protection. Keep it like it is.

Formula 1 cars need to make a noise (and a lot of it) as its the pinnacle of motorsport. When you sat at a live Grand Prix prior to 2014, the noise made the hairs on your neck stand up and your knees weak ;)

Chirp of the day on BBC text commentary! Vettel's car is out for FP2 - and then a guy comes up with this peach*!

Interesting to see Red Bull continue their habit of only having technical problems on their #2 driver's car!

*Sorry SK - this does not necessarily reflect my views, it was just too darned funny!

Chirp of the day on BBC text commentary! Vettel's car is out for FP2 - and then a guy comes up with this peach*!

Interesting to see Red Bull continue their habit of only having technical problems on their #2 driver's car!

*Sorry SK - this does not necessarily reflect my views, it was just too darned funny!

Classic chirp!

This was the most boring race in a long long time. Besides the Mercs running away with it, nothing exciting. F1 has lost the plot.

This was the most boring race in a long long time. Besides the Mercs running away with it, nothing exciting. F1 has lost the plot.

Besides 12 laps of will he, wont he catch him action. A nice duel at the end, Vettel overtaking 10 cars, Iceman being Iceman (and failing). I could go on, but you catch my drift.

Far from the most boring race IMO, think of Bahrain a couple of years back.

Besides 12 laps of will he, wont he catch him action. A nice duel at the end, Vettel overtaking 10 cars, Iceman being Iceman (and failing). I could go on, but you catch my drift.

Far from the most boring race IMO, think of Bahrain a couple of years back.

yup some people have short memories. Or have only been watcing f1 for 2 or 3 years.

Will most likely get slaughtered for this, but drive of the day goes to Vettel in my books.

But look back at my pre-race comments about teams ending line astern in Barcelona... pretty much same story every year. But have to agree, I've seen more boring races. Hate that mickey-mouse chicane more and more every year. It's just so out of character with the rest of the track.

Will most likely get slaughtered for this, but drive of the day goes to Vettel in my books.

But look back at my pre-race comments about teams ending line astern in Barcelona... pretty much same story every year. But have to agree, I've seen more boring races. Hate that mickey-mouse chicane more and more every year. It's just so out of character with the rest of the track.

Agree 100%. It appears that the new chassis is working much better or suiting his driving style much more.