Brake Pads resting on Rotar!!!??!!

Westi

Ai Pops, jy laa tmy nou lekker lag, anyways, jy moes gese het jy virstaan nie hoe die goed werk nie, ek't al Lilo sin vir haar terug gedruk, dus nou na die Boksburg Spanner nie gewerk het nie (byl want ek't nie n hammer nie)LOL

thanks for your help gents. POPEYE, if i have a problem ill pm you but i think ill be fine. thanks.

I have no problems with XT rotors on my slick wheels and Juicy 7 brakes (got Avid Roundagon rotors on the other wheels).  There should not be any compatibility issue as the rotor is the same width and diameter ie what could the problem be?

I'd suggest doing what BB suggested and you should be sorted.
linnega2007-11-14 06:57:03

WESTRI.. DONT !!!!!!!!!

I dont have a clue how this works man. I'm riding with one brand new pad on one side, and a metal plate on the other.

by next week my rotor will be thin enough to move freely. smiley2.gif

Westi / Popeye - now go home this evening and just do your homework as I have described and report back tomorrow. It's not more than a 15min job per wheel.

Pop's you should get all the new pads in and both of you should get your calipers aligned to your rotors if you follow that procedure - nuff said! Additionally Westi the XT rotors and Avid calipers are fine don't sweat it.

Or should you not feel comfortable with my mechanical expertise or perhaps feel it necessary the official manuals are all available on the SRAM website as follows :-

Moet net nie laat ek verder sukkel nie!

dankie oom. het nooit gedink ek moet die kontrapsie losmaak , brieke intrek, en weer vasmaak.

ek het mos pro-bolt kit op my fiets, moet daai boude ge "talk" word of kan ek maar net lekker vasdraai.

Ek weetie van die 'praat' nie want ek hettie die regte gedore van-a-duim dinges nie maar ek maak maar net lekker vas!

Kyk as jy voel hy strip moet jy net so halwe draai terug vang want dan was dit te ver! Spot net boet, ek maak net lekker vas, nog nooit probleme gehad nie.

En nou nou is die 'language' polisie hier dan moet ons weer alles in ingels 'translate' vir die wat 'taal gestrem' is! Sal maar verder in die koningin's taal verkeer.

• 3 weeks later...

Poppaai soos my seun se ..... daar is nie merrisyne vir stoepitgeit nie!!!!!!!

Wish you guys would just stick to Shimano as there are spares and it works.

sm

There are spares available for my Avids and they work great.

I have friends who ride Hope and there are spares available for those and they work real good.

Other people I know ride Magura....spares available and they work lovely.

So....what exactly is the point you're making....?

Just because two guys(no offence to westi and popeye) don't know how to work on their brakes does not mean the brakes are ***

popeye' date=' did my son's Juicy 5's recently, you gotta remove the old pads, then push the  'pistons' as far back as they can go, they almost look flush with the caliper on both sides. Fit new pads (don't touch the pad breaking surface or the rotor!) , important to now put the wheel back, then re-center the caliper, i.e. loosen the bolts that hold them on, now here's a trick :-

Use a cable tie to put full pressure on the brake lever then tighten the bolts. Cut the cable tie, give it a squeeze or 2 and now go out and do the breaking in procedure as required (10 hard stops from a good speed should do it!).

worked for me!
[/quote']

Remind me again why people prefer disc brakes to V-brakes, please? LOL