Giant problem

Mr Legs

Well I once did a 160km trip on the bike, so where will I end up if I start from Durbanville: Touwsrivier? Shall we meet half way and exchange bikes?

Mmmmmmmmmm…okay, halfway's about, what 700 kays? *Divides 700 by 160, comes up with four days and change* Cool, if we start tomorrow, we should hook up some time on Tuedsay. :D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmmmmmmm…okay, halfway's about, what 700 kays? *Divides 700 by 160, comes up with four days and change* Cool, if we start tomorrow, we should hook up some time on Tuedsay. :D

Ok cool, meet you in the middle of the Karoo, right here:

post-10812-0-06253500-1302855695.jpg

Edited by Mr Legs

All this about sweat makes no sense. Paint is supposed to be used asthetically and practically - i.e. for corrosion protection (for metals anyway).

I think Giant Taiwan's quality control has maybe been a bit off, and they're not keen to accept it or acknowledge it. Maybe it is because they make the majority of bicycle frames on this planet...

To say a guys sweat is corroding the paint is utter BS. If it is the sweat it is because the paint quality is rubbish.

If sweat is the problem - how do energy drinks affect the paint OR the freaken SUN and its UV rays. UV is KNOWN to affect paints as you all have seen on older cars. Is GIANT (Gert) going to tell you: "So sorry, seems you have been cycling in the sun too much and the UV rays have damaged the paint." !?

IF you try and counter this by putting sunscreen on the frame to protect it - t(he)y will say you've eaten the paint away with something else. My point: You cannot win with this one.

Good luck.

All this about sweat makes no sense. Paint is supposed to be used asthetically and practically - i.e. for corrosion protection (for metals anyway).

I think Giant Taiwan's quality control has maybe been a bit off, and they're not keen to accept it or acknowledge it. Maybe it is because they make the majority of bicycle frames on this planet...

To say a guys sweat is corroding the paint is utter BS. If it is the sweat it is because the paint quality is rubbish.

If sweat is the problem - how do energy drinks affect the paint OR the freaken SUN and its UV rays. UV is KNOWN to affect paints as you all have seen on older cars. Is GIANT (Gert) going to tell you: "So sorry, seems you have been cycling in the sun too much and the UV rays have damaged the paint." !?

The problem sneaks in when the paint gets a tiny chip on a corner like where the cable end stops are. THen the sweat gets to work!!!

IF you try and counter this by putting sunscreen on the frame to protect it - t(he)y will say you've eaten the paint away with something else. My point: You cannot win with this one.

Good luck.

Since when? I thought it was Dragons sports.

My bad, I was thinking about one but posted the other :blink:

"any ally bike gets paint lifting and corrotion if sweat is not washed off it"

This claim will require a little backing up before I believe you.

Any update? this is quite concerning as I am thinking of purchasing a Giant bike.

Any update? this is quite concerning as I am thinking of purchasing a Giant bike.

dont let this post put you off Giant, had my anthem X2 for just on a year and its gone through a lot and the only defect on it is me :lol:

Giant is an excellent brand!!! :lol:

Which one you looking at? Please tell me a 26er and not a 29er :clap:

Hahaha, I sweat a lot.

Anyways for now I am keeping my GT as MTB but looking at the TCR for road cycling.

Still trying to find out where to have the paint job done. Did not have time the last week, had a minor op, trying to arrange a holiday, just came back from the doc for an injection after an funny reaction to a bee sting!