bib choice

pablo

With every post you will get another opinionslightly closer to tnt posting a pic of the hot assos model.

http://assos.com/fileUpload/images/hK434_Lady_4.jpg

The other day I was riding behind this guy with his expensive assos bib, when I look up it was asscrack all in my face, some of you will know what i'm talking about.

Why do some bibs do that? I have FA bibs that i'm using for more than 3years everyday use and it does not show my asscrack.

I currently use Assos and Vermarc, and find the Vermarc just as comfortable as the Assos. Still an expensive bib, but great value for money. Can almost buy two Vermarcs for the price of one Assos.

I've got 3 Assos and 3 Vermarcs. My observations:

- My older Assos (previous range Mille) is much more comfortable than my 2x current range Mille's

- Assos shorts tends to wear out quickly around the lower back section, resulting in some crack-showing :blush:

- My Vermarcs are overall more comfy than my Assos shorts

- My Vermarcs lasts a lot longer than my Assos shorts

- Wash your shorts with the correct washing detergent and and the correct tempratures per the care label.

- Use chamois lube for every ride. The chamois will keep its integrity for longer.

My next set of shorts will be Vermarc.

Don't forget about the Anatomic Bib.

I've got the Race one and is real value for money!

I've hear from other guys that you pay alot for some "brand" names like CS and FA. :(

http://assos.com/fileUpload/images/hK434_Lady_4.jpg

She is smocking hot! Pity about her arm issue!

Edited by Chubba

:D :D :D :D :D

The other day I was riding behind this guy with his expensive assos bib, when I look up it was asscrack all in my face, some of you will know what i'm talking about.

Why do some bibs do that? I have FA bibs that i'm using for more than 3years everyday use and it does not show my asscrack.

Interesting!! How would you know??

Interesting!! How would you know??

Well I had to tell my epic partner its time for new shorts, so hopefully he would have done the same for me.....

I've got 3 Assos and 3 Vermarcs. My observations:

- My older Assos (previous range Mille) is much more comfortable than my 2x current range Mille's

- Assos shorts tends to wear out quickly around the lower back section, resulting in some crack-showing :blush:

- My Vermarcs are overall more comfy than my Assos shorts

- My Vermarcs lasts a lot longer than my Assos shorts

- Wash your shorts with the correct washing detergent and and the correct tempratures per the care label.

- Use chamois lube for every ride. The chamois will keep its integrity for longer.

My next set of shorts will be Vermarc.

+1 on the Vermarc. Loving mine.

Also Had the "Series" bib as well - which IIRC(??) used the Assos chamois(??) - was also one of my favourites until a huge off at Meerendal took care of them :blush: ...

First Ascent never really fitted me that well - but comfy enough. HOWEVER - I've had to have the stitching around the chamois re-done twice, which really annoys me... :thumbdown:

As mentioned - you'll get countless opinions though. Bibshorts are probably as personal a choice as a saddle is. And a groupset. And a fork/shox. And a frame. And a...

And a 26" vs 29" wheelchoice... :D

Edited by RodTi
[How could I forget...]

I have Nalini, Assos and First Ascent, Nalini i find very comfortable but the stitchings not the greatest, First Ascent also good but again both pairs needed stitching work to be done, my Assos so far has been the best.

Out of interest, any brands here offer more chamois than others? I've found the local stuff to be a bit sparing

+1 on the Vermarc. Loving mine.

Also Had the "Series" bib as well - which IIRC(??) used the Assos chamois(??) - was also one of my favourites until a huge off at Meerendal took care of them :blush: ...

First Ascent never really fitted me that well - but comfy enough. HOWEVER - I've had to have the stitching around the chamois re-done twice, which really annoys me... :thumbdown:

As mentioned - you'll get countless opinions though. Bibshorts are probably as personal a choice as a saddle is. And a groupset. And a fork/shox. And a frame. And a...

And a 26" vs 29" wheelchoice... :D

The 29er is a very personal choice, the big wheels run very quick but the 26er now that is .. . . . . . you are starting a **** storm man!!! Love your work!! :clap: :clap: