Mtb Saddle Advice

Tankman

So I currently have Fizik Arione saddles on both the road bikes and really happy with them.

They are classified as road saddles but is there any reason why I can not use an Arione on the mtb?

Stick with what you like. I have those saddles on most of my MTBs, apart from a Pavé Sport on one.

I did a setup at Activeworx last year and Paul Cordes said that one possible issue with a saddle like the Arione on a MTB is that the longer, pointy back end can make it difficult to move behind the saddle on very technical stuff.

I did a setup at Activeworx last year and Paul Cordes said that one possible issue with a saddle like the Arione on a MTB is that the longer, pointy back end can make it difficult to move behind the saddle on very technical stuff.

This is what I was wondering about when posting but have now come to the conclusion with a happy butt, that I made the right decision by sticking with the Arione.

Put it on this afternoon and went for a ride.

The long pointy nose actually has its advantages...

when moving back on "technical stuff" the pointy nose slips easily between your legs and you can grip it quite lekka!

(... if that sounded sexy ... its is toooo late .... go to bed!)

(Oh, this roadie considers riding over the grass to get out the front gate, "technical stuff" :lol:)