PPA Seeding Ladder

'Dale

What email address did you use? they simply just don't reply to my emails :angry: ! and how long did it take them to respond

Tel: 021 689 8420

Fax: 021 689 8490

PPA info <info@pedalpower.org.za>

i had 2 mails this morning

fone them if they dont reply .

or spam them till they reply :lol: :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tel: 021 689 8420

Fax: 021 689 8490

PPA info <info@pedalpower.org.za>

i had 2 mails this morning

fone them if they dont reply .

or spam them till they reply :lol: :lol:

thanks!

The results are seriously dodgy ....

The Argus times have been manipulated. I thought this was the BASE event. I.e. the beta value is one. All Beta's are compared to this standard. Don't mess with the standard! Looking at my results they have applied a beta of 0.94 for the 2011 Argus

That ghost rider was very fast on the Stellenbosch medallion. See he beat the winners by eight minutes. AND they applied a beta on top of that of 0.94 again. B seeding for the winners again. There should be nobody left in A if only the last years events are counted?

I got a 2:53 Argus ... PPA seeding me as F :angry:

From what I understood from speaking to somebody there the other day, they aren't finished with the base line, which is a combination of this year's Argus, the 94.7 and the 2008 Argus.

No man, no ways in heck. NOT impressed with this seeding at all. Why apply beta values if this is not going to assist your seeding?? Mine worked out correctly if I didnt use any "weighting" value, so basically, this was the winners time and you were 42% off the winners, hence you will get a rating of 42! This is too confusing.... let me just go ride Regional A Category 4 in the UK to start with then.

updated but no change for me. My sub 3 argus gives me an index of 18.41. I don't think I'll ever improve again.

HAHA! I rode faster than you (unless the beta changes from group to group). LOL. Nice ride though Nic :thumbup:

No man, no ways in heck. NOT impressed with this seeding at all. Why apply beta values if this is not going to assist your seeding?? Mine worked out correctly if I didnt use any "weighting" value, so basically, this was the winners time and you were 42% off the winners, hence you will get a rating of 42! This is too confusing.... let me just go ride Regional A Category 4 in the UK to start with then.

Is that how it works? I got an index of 18.09 for my 2:57 Argus from E..... just bleak that my current index is 20.2 for total seeding for PPA.... just shy of F.

As Headhunter said in another thread, i must mar HTFU and ride! :thumbup:

Is that how it works? I got an index of 18.09 for my 2:57 Argus from E..... just bleak that my current index is 20.2 for total seeding for PPA.... just shy of F.

As Headhunter said in another thread, i must mar HTFU and ride! :thumbup:

I think that is how it works... That's how mine was calculated. I though that you were given a slight advantage for the more difficult races though, but this doesnt seem to be the case! Also, if you take into account where the heck I rode from 08:30 and see that I was placed 14th in my group of 600+, surely that should account for something, bearing in mind that there is NO wheelsucking way back there :lol: , it was everyman for himself and a little individual TT