PPA Seeding Ladder

'Dale

And another response to my email to them:

We have just had a brief meeting and was informed that we will be trying to push for it to be done next week sometime we will inform you either via the website or in the next email to database. Thank you for your patience.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the update with the road racing season closed..

:rolleyes:

I emailed them and they say it will only be done next month. That means they have not done it for 2 months now.

I'm not sure if this is a hi-jack ... or a dumb question:

What happens to seedings if you ride both MTB and Road? Let's say you get vaguely reasonable road results, but you suck completely on a MTB. Do they all go on the same table? Do the results cross-fertilise and turn into some horrible monster that it's impossible to destroy?

They use your best results to seed you.

So the fact that I suck at MTB because I pretty much just do it for fun (whilst hoping like héll I don't stuff my hip again falling over like the clumsy idiot I apparently am) don't affect my "real" (road) seeding.

In my case last year's Burger MTB does not feature on my races with any weight for the seeding, so it should be the same for everybody.

I emailed them and they say it will only be done next month. That means they have not done it for 2 months now.

So who started the thread a while ago that said "WOW PPA doing weekly seeding updates now" ... eat your words :P

So who started the thread a while ago that said "WOW PPA doing weekly seeding updates now" ... eat your words :P

That was me, Tank.

Admittedly, it was looking good there in Jan/Feb with regularly.

But, my latest sentiment is encapsulated in the orangutang earlier on in the thread. :blush:

Hi Barend

Initially the seeding run was suppose to take place this week but due to discrepancies we are pushing for it to take place in next week. At this point we are unable to provide exact dates but will post a notification on the website. Apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience in this regard.

Many Thanks

Shana

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Pathetic service from ppa, it makes my blood boil, they should rather tell us that they cant do seedings regularly then we wont get our hopes up.......... :angry:

Don't want to stir an already healthily going broth - but what discrepancies?! You rode the time you rode. :blink:

Heck, for once we had nice weather on Argus and a lot of us improved PB's - are we now (again) going to get penalised for going faster like with the 99er?!

I recall that after the stormy Argus 2009 they also took so long to manipulate the Argus data to work out the seeding cause the times did not quite fit their model due to the extreme weather.

I think they must be having lots of "discrepancies" with the current Argus seedings they getting vs seedings people got for other events this year. Unlike our matric results where your mark generally would be moderated upwards PPA works hard to mark you down.

I am not holding my breath to get a good seeding.

Edited by orbeaorca

Pathetic service from ppa, it makes my blood boil, they should rather tell us that they cant do seedings regularly then we wont get our hopes up.......... :angry:

+1 - don't tell us 'in the next week' and then change what you say. You are accountable for what you say, so stick to your word PPA! You are funded by us, the cyclists, don't forget that :angry:

updated but no change for me. My sub 3 argus gives me an index of 18.41. I don't think I'll ever improve again.

i'm now seeded in J (1st upgrade from Z) with a current index of 33.96339, although my 3:15 Argus from AA was a ride index of 30.73425 so wondering what seeded group that would be??