SL7

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something from a smaller manufacturer:

http://cdn4.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2012/10/08/2/enve_alchemy_1_600.jpg

I like this one Gummi. Reminds me of RB1000. Copycats.

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q605/shaheedosman/746f78a686c6ecacb65876103071d4e1.jpg

If all goes well later today then i'll have my own black bike to post for a change.

Yeah. Exciting times.

Can't be a Parlee... :ph34r:

Edited by ' Dale

I love black bikes, here are 3 of the 4 that I own.

Neil Pryde Alize:

n-pryde01.jpg

Look KG56 ss conversion:

ss-look02.jpg

Bulls Copperhead 29er:

311358_1.jpg

Built them all up myself, and loved it.

I love black bikes, here are 3 of the 4 that I own.

Neil Pryde Alize:

n-pryde01.jpg

Look KG56 ss conversion:

ss-look02.jpg

Bulls Copperhead 29er:

311358_1.jpg

Built them all up myself, and loved it.

That LOOK is pretty

Thought this thread was pretty quiet the last couple of days. @gummi cant wait for your pics. @ Wazza, that LOOK's colour scheme is awesome. How long did it take to put together. You must've mulled over what colour goes where or did you just take what you could find and throw it together. Very creative.

Thought this thread was pretty quiet the last couple of days. @gummi cant wait for your pics. @ Wazza, that LOOK's colour scheme is awesome. How long did it take to put together. You must've mulled over what colour goes where or did you just take what you could find and throw it together. Very creative.

Thanks.

IT took me about a month to decide exactly what I was going to do. I bought it with the intention of sanding it down to reveal the carbon. But then my lazy-ass side kicked in, and for a couple of weeks I was considering just spraying it a different colour to save the hard graft. Fortunately I came to my senses, and decided the laborious task of sanding the paint off would be well worth the effort to attain the aesthetic I was after. I really love the carbon tubes joined by alu lugs, just think it looks cool. Probably took in the region of 12-14 hours of sanding, spraying, stickering, and then an hour or two of building.

I ordered all the gold bits from the US, tyres, seat, crank, chain, tensioner, ss conversion kit from the UK.

I definitely did lose some sleep deciding on colours, and what I think should go where. Like most things though, in my mind I envisaged 'coolness' and just had to go for it, and hope it turned out ok.

I'm happy with the result.