Wednesday Morning Table Mountain Ride

Hairy

Woke up to the wind, so I wussed out.

Haha. I did not even make it to a point to be able to check the wind. I managed to suss the alarm clock without it even registering, thus only waking up at 5:30, and way too late to make it to town by 6:00. :(

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ride is on for tomorrow am .... same time and place if anyone is keen to join in.

Hey guys is the ride on tomorrow morning?

Haven't been able to join for the past few weeks. Also anyone meeting at the bottom of rhodes mem? And does the group still leave from rhodes mem at 06:20?

Thanks !

Hi there

Ride is on and there is a group starting from Rhodes Mem side .... drop me a PM with your cell no. and I will get someone from that side to communicate with you.

Windguru shows the rain is receding a bit on Thursday. Might get a gap in the weather.

Nico, how is Dick's Drop compared to the root drops at Tokai? You know the ones...

Lol, not even close. It's just a piece of ST through Deer Park forest, but it has a sharp corner into a sharp downhill part over roots and rocks. My front wheel burped and I had no traction after that. Was a bit scary with a back brake worn through, but I could stop to get off and walk a few meters.

was stuck on the N1 by Century City - and could see you guys (some have really bright lights clearly!!) on the mountain by Rhodes - spectacular sight. Would have preferred to be there at that time... will get there, once my bike is completed again

So it's not even a drop? More like a sudden increase in descent angle?

ROFL.

Net so ja! Bit of a misnomer, but it may refer to how many people riding there drop onto their...well, you get the picture.

You need to join us ... Dicks Drop 2 is not that simple at speed.

Which would explain me having a 50% fall rate there. That descent is pretty flaky...

I cleared Dick's Drop 2 last night. This track is not open for riding, I cleared it so as "not to endanger the walking public who use this trail". In fact , if the trail is illegal, it should be illegal for ALL user groups.

I have placed a camera to try and see which Amoeba brained dog walker is blocking the path and thereby endangering anybody venturing on to the track.

San Parks are not doing it, that's what they have told me.

The images coming though are quite clear. When the camera is triggered, it takes another pictures 2 minutes later. I am hopeful it will show us who is doing the "landscaping" on Dicks Drop.

Once we find him, maybe Dick should drop his Dick on him, or Dick drops on his Dick, or the Dick gets dropped next to Dick's Drop. You get the picture.

post-17562-0-00660100-1374057299_thumb.jpg

post-17562-0-16619900-1374057311_thumb.jpg