Wednesday Morning Table Mountain Ride

Hairy

I will meet you at Chelsford Road just before we hit the track, why is the weather so crap this time of the year

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will meet you at Chelsford Road just before we hit the track, why is the weather so crap this time of the year

See you there then at around the 6:30am mark

Winter???

Anyone know what happened at the blockhouse over the last few days?Wind?Lightning?

Consensus is that it was caused by fatigue.A mix of rain, wind and general wear & tear.

Informed San Parks who say it is the responsibility of the National Geospatial Dept to repair.

Will keep on top of it.

Anyone know what happened at the blockhouse over the last few days?Wind?Lightning?

Why do you ask?

Oh, Sorry Didnt seee the post from Kandui.. It sounds like the block is more like pyramid now? ;)

Edited by Bos

Just an announcement.

One of the regular SSM riders has ventured out all five days this week in rather varied weather to be the first SSM rider to do the Big 5 SSM.

SSM is the origional and true running name for the ride known on the Hub as the "Table Mountain Morning Ride"

Well done Gawie!

H

Edited by Hairy

South Side Massive

The idea was that it would be a Massive commute into work from the South Side from the Rhodes Mem Side of the mountain, things have evolved and the numbers of riders have been up and down. The origination was also on another email list (Warthogs) and then when it had settled and we had things ironed out well I started posting on the Hub.

The first ride would have been three riders including myself, rider no. 1 pulled out the night before and rider no. 2 overslept, so the first SSM was just a single rider going over the mountain.

Pic attached from that first ride and what also happened to be my first ride with my old On-One SS.

post-5403-0-58325700-1379684020_thumb.jpg

What does SSM stand for?

Well done Gawie, great week to do it!

It is the South Side Massive...

Damn, I need to get my things in order to join again. :wacko: