Wednesday Morning Table Mountain Ride

Hairy

Looks awesome - hopefully you still doing it in about 5 years'  time when my kids are out of school.  :drool:

Well the first ride took place back in 2010.08.18 (not long and it will be a 5 year old standing ride :) )and I see no reason why we won't still be going strong.

See pic of the first ride that was meant to be a group of three, but ended up being just me and on my first ride on my then On-One Single Speed.

post-5403-0-83832500-1415871481_thumb.jpg

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

We rode to the block house this morning. On the way down right at the end, between Rhodes Mem and where you join the tar road again we saw a dodgey looking guy, wearing a black hoody, standing on the trail at an odd point and he kind of waved at us. We didn't feel safe so turned around and walked down the footpath closer to Rhodes Mem. Just wondering if anyone rode past him and what they thought, or could see what he was doing - he could have just been walking but we were rather safe than sorry.

Hi.

We rode to the block house this morning. On the way down right at the end, between Rhodes Mem and where you join the tar road again we saw a dodgey looking guy, wearing a black hoody, standing on the trail at an odd point and he kind of waved at us. We didn't feel safe so turned around and walked down the footpath closer to Rhodes Mem. Just wondering if anyone rode past him and what they thought, or could see what he was doing - he could have just been walking but we were rather safe than sorry.

Assuming it's the same guy.

Saw him yesterday and today.

Greeted him on both occasions and he greeted me back. He does look suspect as he has hoody on. Both occasions i got him on the top of the tafelberg jeep track.

Hairy....I'm keen to join you guys. I'm new to town...so dont know exactly hoe to ride to Rhodes Mem. I live in town (Vredehoek). Where can i hook up with you guys on the way there?

@ Spaceboy , live in vredehoek to when in Cape Town and try and ride Table mountain as often as i can ... also not so keen to ride it alone if you want to ride in the afternoons before work (when im in town) 

@Hairy - what route to you ride on the mountain ..might meet you perhaps quarry ? or any other landmark other than Rhodes ...

Hi toad

Best place would be top of Chelmsford rd.

From there we go left to the split from Rhodes Mem and then I to the block house

Hi toad

Best place would be top of Chelmsford rd.

From there we go left to the split from Rhodes Mem and then I to the block house

Well the first ride took place back in 2010.08.18 (not long and it will be a 5 year old standing ride :) )and I see no reason why we won't still be going strong.

See pic of the first ride that was meant to be a group of three, but ended up being just me and on my first ride on my then On-One Single Speed.

A bit off-topic, but that bike looks super hot!

@Singletrack Sarah / @meezo: what time did u guys see him. Maybe we can determine a pattern or his daily routine.

It was around 7am when we saw him.

I won't be able to make it tomorrow morning, since I only will be able to repair my bike tomorrow afternoon.

Have fun and hope to see you next week!

• 3 weeks later...

Climbing session tomorrow morning. (Friday) 

Plum pudding and all 4 MF hills. No faffing. 

06:30 at the top of Chelmsford.

• 4 weeks later...