Prizes from cycling magazine not recieved

Cippo

Bicycling® is a registered trademark of Rodale Inc. ©2010 Rodale Inc. All rights reserved. Published under license from Rodale Inc.

The views expressed by the users of the Site are not necessarily the views of Bicycling South Africa, Touchline Media or Rodale inc.

THe above from the Bicycling website. So either contact the MD of Touchline Media, or maybe go to Rodale International. Another option is to contact the sponsors of the sunglasses - I'm guessing it might be asg. Or - seeing as all competitions are (technically) supposed to be audited - to Touchline's auditors raising it as a matter of concern regarding their corporate governance.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope I do not have such trouble next week when I win the Pivot from Tread.

It'll be a hoot if I win it. I renewed my subscription last year and received one, maybe 2 mags and no more. Queried it twice. Still no mags, so unless I win it's goodbye to that mag :thumbdown: . (It may be a postal issue and not the mags fault, but the end result is the same).

I won a Thule backpack in their December newsletter comp, after a mic-up where and when the prize would be collected they couriered it to me and man that's an awesome backpack, So yes some comps are real

The mag in question sponsored a Tour de France competition in 2009, in which myself and a colleague won prizes. After a few months of nagging them and a number of emails we received our prizes. Had I not nagged them...?

I got a pair of shimano mtb shoes from one of our local mags for sending in the prizewinning tip. i won't mention the names, but if it was in afrikaans it would be called 'fietsry'.

shoes came promptly, this was after I went to cyclelab to check the size. funny thing was that mighty mouse was selling them for a bit more than the mag said they were worth. they fitted great, i told the sales guy, "they're a bit pricey, so i'll think about it"

Who is Mighty mouse?

The mag in question sponsored a Tour de France competition in 2009, in which myself and a colleague won prizes. After a few months of nagging them and a number of emails we received our prizes. Had I not nagged them...?

So we have to nag and nag until they give in?

Edited by G-funk

Has anyone else written a letter to the editor of a magazine and is still waiting to recieve the prize months later.

Hi there,

If you're talking about the Bicycling magazine prize-winning letters, where you can win a pair of Rudy Project photochromic lensed glasses, then vasbyt. I wrote a winning letter about 15 months ago, and the letter was published before I received the glasses. They arrived about 2-3 weeks after I saw the letter in the magazine.

Regards

Dean

Yip, Won the rider to rider tip (Bicycling)last year October and after a hundred and plenty emails and phone calls still NOTHING. Has anyone EVER recieved this prize????????? Bicycling magazine, you suck.

• 2 weeks later...

At the same time as my last post here i made i final attempt to get my prize (reader tip some time last year) and got a reply 30min later. Recieved my shoes yesterday! :clap:

The mag has apparently been having problems with its marketing dept, but its been sorted.If you havent recieved your prize, or feed back you should email them again and im sure it will get sorted asap!