Why 29ers aren't used for DH

patches

IT might not be DH but will be fun on trail.

Norco's 120mm rear and 140mm frnt FS 29er.

http://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/l-2048-1536-77badd45-8e95-4ca8-87ba-418a4aab5427.jpeg

Fookit boet what timezone are you in? It's Wednesday I think...

Shot.

That explains a lot of things. Guess I better be off to work then. :unsure:

What were they talking about here? Got a bit distracted by Mss Gudex. :blush:

yeah... Lenz has a 29er DH bike... and Trek and Intense have been experimenting...

but I doubt any of them will be winning world cus anytime soon.

Or World Cups.... HAHAHA

I agree

Or World Cups.... HAHAHA

I agree

haha! sorry, didn't mean to 'cus' in this thread...

'world cups'... 'world cups'

I blame my keyboard!

yeah... Lenz has a 29er DH bike... and Trek and Intense have been experimenting...

U Hu

Until a Minnaar or Hill climbs on!

Watch this space....

Well... I guess Aaron Gwin could also silence me... haha!

With a 3rd overall last season (beating Hill and many other former champs), and now that he's with Trek (one of those experimenting with a 29er DH bike abomination)...

who knows... next season they could have Gwin on a clown bike and chasing the title!? :blink:

Guest Omega Man

Well. If they go back to the 80's style of racing and start wearing lycra and racing on jeep track again expect to see a LOT of 29ers. Hehe.

Personally I'd LOVE to see Sam Hill trying to man handle a 29er DH bike through that super tech rock garden at Maribor. Not.

Guest Omega Man

U Hu

Until a Minnaar or Hill climbs on!

Watch this space....

Not gonna happen.

Guest Omega Man

who knows... next season they could have Gwin on a clown bike and chasing the title!? :blink:

A 29er is a clown bike tho....

patches: hill was injured.. thought some context would be important.. :P

Artist-formerly-known-as-Cap, you know I have a man-crush on Mr Hill (nearly as big as the man-crush you have on him)... heck... I wear his name on my feet...

so yeah my bad for the omission. We don't want the Gee lovers out there (yes, MtbBarbie, I'm talking to you) thinking that Mr Atherton is all that. Sure he's good... but he's no Sam Hill ;)

Well. If they go back to the 80's style of racing and start wearing lycra and racing on jeep track again expect to see a LOT of 29ers. Hehe.Personally I'd LOVE to see Sam Hill trying to man handle a 29er DH bike through that super tech rock garden at Maribor. Not.

haha! Sam already runs super-wide-bars and has his hands on the very edge... if he were to ride a 29er DH bike he may need those ridiculous 1000mm Syncros to, as you say, 'man-handle' the darn thing! haha!

Edited by patches

"Artist-formerly-known-as-Cap, you know I have a man-crush on Mr Hill (nearly as big as the man-crush you have on him)... heck... I wear his name on my feet...

so yeah my bad for the omission. We don't want the Gee lovers out there (yes, MtbBarbie, I'm talking to you) thinking that Mr Atherton is all that. Sure he's good... but he's no Sam Hill ;) "

I heard my name... more importantly... I heard Gee's name... don't be hating on my man patches... there will be trouble!:rolleyes:

Edited by MtbBarbie