Free Slipstreaming while training

W1Z@RD

I had a gardener on his dikwiel sitting my wheel on Sunday. I got p!issed off cos I couldn't drop the bugger ! :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happened to me a lot when I still stayed in Zululand...the trick is to slowly increase your speed :thumbup: They can sit at 20-25km/h for miles at a time. You are fighting some serious leg mileage :thumbup:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But what if it's a cross wind?

C'mon man - you've ridden/raced enough to know that pros can handle echelons but beginners/intermediates should rather sit at a angle behind the rider in front.

Edumacation people edumacation.

C'mon man - you've ridden/raced enough to know that pros can handle echelons but beginners/intermediates should rather sit at a angle behind the rider in front.

Edumacation people edumacation.

Dammit! It's more fun to mess with noobs!

Dammit! It's more fun to mess with noobs!

Apologies - my bad.

I hereby withdraw my response and replace it with:

Oke - I can like totally want to switch you f*cked up if so much as look at me when I ride past you. My sculpted calves and imported bike should be enough to make you wimper as I blast past - if not my ego's aura should shove you into the gutter where you can eat curb at your leisure noob.

Edited by Eldron

Oke - I can like totally want to switch you f*cked up if so much as look at me when I ride past you. My sculpted calves and imported bike should be enough to make you wimper as I blast past - if not my ego's aura should shove you into the gutter where you can eat curb at your leisure noob.

Now that is the spirit with which this thread was started. Well done.

Now that is the spirit with which this thread was started. Well done.

I am at your service my liege.

Thats it!!!

Bought a MTB.... Enough of Roadies! Road bike for sale..... PM me for details! :P (Yeah right - Im BI Bicycle and proud of it!) Love both my Girlfriends Mirinda and Meredith ;)

Guest agteros

Maybe there are members of OREC here, but they failed to see the humour in the group's rules?

Edited by agteros

Thats it!!!

Bought a MTB.... Enough of Roadies! Road bike for sale..... PM me for details! :P (Yeah right - Im BI Bicycle and proud of it!) Love both my Girlfriends Mirinda and Meredith ;)

I am also seriously thinking of selling my Bianchi C2C as the last time I rode it was at the 2010 OFM Classic and my newly built-up Scott S2. The road just don't do it for me any more. Sorry off the slipstream topic ,,,,, sorry,sorry,sorry !

I am also seriously thinking of selling my Bianchi C2C as the last time I rode it was at the 2010 OFM Classic and my newly built-up Scott S2. The road just don't do it for me any more. Sorry off the slipstream topic ,,,,, sorry,sorry,sorry !

Dont do it! Thats such a beautiful bike - You will regret it... If you do sell it and its a 58 PING ME ;)hehe jk. When the next 94.7, Argus or OFM come round.... you will miss her.

Sorry 55,but like I say,I a thinking about it. I don't even have them with me anymore.......in storage,the MTB goes anywhere anythime,so it was saved from the the dark shed :-) , and it slipstream so nicely down Bothalaan to Groenies hehe , soryy back to the mothers slipstreaming without permission :-)

Dude,

Relax you are seriously overreacting IMO you don't own your lip or the road behind you. somethimes its just nice to be shielded from the wind even on a training ride.

Hmm, wrong, I'm with the OP on this one. If someone sits my slip without at least saying hi and "may I?" I tell him off. It's an intimate space reserved for friends.

Guest agteros

Hmm, wrong, I'm with the OP on this one. If someone sits my slip without at least saying hi and "may I?" I tell him off. It's an intimate space reserved for friends.

*bites tongue*

bwaa ha ha, I have been waiting for this

Ahh roadies, what a laugh. A buddy and I were out training one evening when he thew an oyster without looking, and when he heard something he spotted a roadie had been slipping him. So make your presence known, because you never know what may be flying your way. BTW I have no issue with someone slipping me.

http://yehudamoon.com/images/strips/2009-03-30.gif