Intense bikes

banna

Calling all Intense riders or fans. Lets see your bikes or if you don't own one, put up a pic of somoeone else's. I know of 2 other Hubbers who's got Intense's, but surely there's gotto be more? Attached is a pic of my Tracer

post-21619-0-61120300-1304661197.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool bike!!

I am busy building up a 5.5 which is your bike's predecessor. I will post some photos when the build is done.

According to me bikes like Intense, Turner, Santa Cruz, Ibis, Morewood and Ellsworth are all dream bikes, especially when you are looking at bikes with more than 120mm of travel.

How do you find the XT M776 all mountain wheels?

Edited by Stephan

Cool bike!!

I am busy building up a 5.5 which is your bike's predecessor. I will post some photos when the build is done.

According to me bikes like Intense, Turner, Santa Cruz, Ibis, Morewood and Ellsworth are all dream bikes, especially when you are looking at bikes with more than 120mm of travel.

How do you find the XT M776 all mountain wheels?

Thx boet. I was eyeing the 5.5 for years and never had the bucks to buy it. Finally last year I decided to pull trigger and at that stage the Tracer came out. So i guess it was meant to be! Ja, they are fantastic bikes. One of the few bikes which as still handmade. Can't wait for your pics. Get it done brew!

The XT AM wheels are not the lighest out there, but the flipside is that they are almost indestructable for AM riding. Obviously they are not full on DH rims, so I wouldn't take a 6 foot drop with them, but I've been riding the bike really hard the past year and nothing has gone wrong. So bang for the buck I would definately recommend them. You get the more fancy rims like Crankbrothers Iiodine's, but they are very expensive and possibly not as bulletproof as the the XT's.

My Intense DH sled.

post-6789-0-60339100-1304669003.jpg

You lucky bastard you...I see some okes on the SA DH scene are riding the 951. How does it compare to your rig?

You lucky bastard you...I see some okes on the SA DH scene are riding the 951. How does it compare to your rig?

I'd reckon better than the 951. Chalk and Cheese to be honest. I initially wanted the 951, but after a while the rider reports came in saying the suspension at the back firms up pretty damn quickly. nothing that cant be fixed with a shock setup accordingly, but it didnt gel with me.

Then word of the M9 popped up,and Intense built in quite a fair amount of adjustability into the frame, notably the rear where they said you have shock pivot point settings for linear, progressive and somewhat regressive. Intense stated the progressive setting rseults in damping similar to the 951, sort of validating my 'concern' with the 951.

BUT, at the end of the day, each to their own. I'm sure the 951 owners are super happy with their machines, as I am with M9 ;)

I'd reckon better than the 951. Chalk and Cheese to be honest. I initially wanted the 951, but after a while the rider reports came in saying the suspension at the back firms up pretty damn quickly. nothing that cant be fixed with a shock setup accordingly, but it didnt gel with me.

Then word of the M9 popped up,and Intense built in quite a fair amount of adjustability into the frame, notably the rear where they said you have shock pivot point settings for linear, progressive and somewhat regressive. Intense stated the progressive setting rseults in damping similar to the 951, sort of validating my 'concern' with the 951.

BUT, at the end of the day, each to their own. I'm sure the 951 owners are super happy with their machines, as I am with M9 ;)

Hie hie... I guess so. In any event, all Intense bikes are cool. It's actually quite lekker that you don't see them that often in SA. Makes it a bit more exclusive.

yeah, i guess so. :) btw: where did u source yours from? It was a mission getting M9 thru official channels.

yeah, i guess so. :) btw: where did u source yours from? It was a mission getting M9 thru official channels.

I got it from JP van Zyl at Recycles in Bellville. I ride with JP most weekends and after I test rode his own Tracer, I knew I had to fork out the mula. It took him about 6 weeks to get it for me from the States. He's in fact just ordered himself the updated Tracer 2, so somehow he's got a good contact for the bikes.

oh... I thought you CRCed yours in Cap?!

I know that in JHB, solomons carries aboout 6-7 different models in stock... mostrly as frame sets, but they've built up one or 2 complete bikes to sell as well

Intense had a bit of a falling out with CRC. One of the cape dudes that got his M9 thru CRC had to fight tooth and nail to get it. I think CRCs initial offers of supplying Intense bicycles was withdrawn. So all those that preordered and payed has to beg, or get refunded. At least CRC came good for that one cape dude. If you look on CRC, no more intense. Only thru official channels now.

Intense had a bit of a falling out with CRC. One of the cape dudes that got his M9 thru CRC had to fight tooth and nail to get it. I think CRCs initial offers of supplying Intense bicycles was withdrawn. So all those that preordered and payed has to beg, or get refunded. At least CRC came good for that one cape dude. If you look on CRC, no more intense. Only thru official channels now.

Jeez Jarek it seems like we're the only souls on The Hub who's got Intense's... the annual general meeting of the The Hub's Intense owners club is hereby declared closed... but not before we don't add a few extra pics to brighten up everyone's lives just a tad...

post-21619-0-48544700-1304680664.jpg

post-21619-0-38616400-1304680709.jpg

post-21619-0-55207800-1304680759.jpg

A month or two ago MTBUK interviewed the owner/designer of Intense. They also showed the timeline how the bike's have evolved. Was quite interesting.

Jeez Jarek it seems like we're the only souls on The Hub who's got Intense's... the annual general meeting of the The Hub's Intense owners club is hereby declared closed... but not before we don't add a few extra pics to brighten up everyone's lives just a tad...

doesn't skizo ride one?

A month or two ago MTBUK interviewed the owner/designer of Intense. They also showed the timeline how the bike's have evolved. Was quite interesting.

Ja, it's actually a pity that not more people know about the brand. I guess, mostly because, like Morewood, they were more focused on the DH/freeride scene in the beginning (and probably still are).