New Road Bike Prices

rythmman

Complete steel? Can you even get a new one of those? Second hand, less than R500.

there was a guy selling pegoreti's but you could still snap up an eddy merckx corsa from queens (maybe). Lastly, there was a supplier or Ciocc bikes that did a good steel and carbon mix. I think Tommisinni might still do a steel frame. However, ifyou want a good steel frame , you are in a niche market.

there was a guy selling pegoreti's but you could still snap up an eddy merckx corsa from queens (maybe). Lastly, there was a supplier or Ciocc bikes that did a good steel and carbon mix. I think Tommisinni might still do a steel frame. However, ifyou want a good steel frame , you are in a niche market.

Yes, Ciocc still make steel frames on a per order basis only....lead time about 3-4 weeks

post-13075-0-20709900-1304705892.jpg

Yes, Ciocc still make steel frames on a per order basis only....lead time about 3-4 weeks

Yummy, will truely consider this when the merckx rusts away.

That is very nice, however, if you want a real steel Ciocc you should get a Pelizzoli. Giavanni Pelizzoli was the original founder of Ciocc and now builds frames under his own name after he sold Ciocc a few years ago.

post-1099-0-94570300-1304709958.jpg

Oh, wait, Westdene have a swarm of new steel frames hanging around upstairs...

Thanks guys.....yes there are still steel frames in europe or usa like Torelli, but I wanted to know in SA first b4 I look elsewhere.