sitting in Windhoek for 12 days

wapad

its a long shot but if any hubbers in Windhoek have a spare bike size large would love to get a few rides in I am on local no. 085 6211344

been doing a bit of spinning but need to hit the out doors

Its a long shot but dont ask dont get

Lot of MTBers out there, One is a manager of the Spar and I forget his name-ask Slowbee he knows who i am talking about, maybe PM him

Lot of MTBers out there, One is a manager of the Spar and I forget his name-ask Slowbee he knows who i am talking about, maybe PM him

thanks will do

When I was last in Windhoek I was informed by a local resident that the water is the cleanest in the world... because it has been through seven sets of kidneys by the time it gets to your lips!

Edited by Lou Zealand

there is a bike shop here - CYCLETEC that rents out bikes not cheap but a gem of a shop not what one would expect in these parts but they say cycling is growing here

anyway will hit a trail or two whilst I,m here

there is a bike shop here - CYCLETEC that rents out bikes not cheap but a gem of a shop not what one would expect in these parts but they say cycling is growing here

anyway will hit a trail or two whilst I,m here

Ah Windhoek would give my left nut and the right one to sweeten the deal just to move there!

I met the owner of the Spar here and put me in touch with Wholesale Cycles who will be letting me use a demo 29er cooool

its very organised up here they have a website www.rockanrut.org they are running a XC series up here hopefully gonna be riding this weekend with some of the locals

Edited by wapad

I met the owner of the Spar here and put me in touch with Wholesale Cycles who will be letting me use a demo 29er cooool

its very organised up here they have a website www.rockanrut.org they are running a XC series up here hopefully gonna be riding this weekend with some of the locals

Went for a lekker ride here in Windhoek did their version of tokai, 1 of the sisters and a few others

did some tight climbing switchbacks was huffing and puffing didnt realise that they are at 1650m above sea level so hard work when you havent been on a bike and come from the coast

very different riding long grass so you dont see the trail, mostly hard but with lots of loose stone a couple of kudu around

really amazing riding, good to experience something different

And as someone said worth giving a nut away to ride here

And the Merida 29er hardtail was up to the task thanks to the guys at Wholesale Cycles

Edited by wapad

Sitting in Windhoek for 12 days!? I thought maybe it was a new way of carbo loading.

Carbo loading and altitude training sounds impressive... :clap: :clap:

Oh and while I am at it....Spar, good for you!(I work for them too)

Lekker Wapad!, enjoy it :thumbup:

Lekker to ride with you this am, Wapad! Are you guys riding again on Sunday morning?

Lekker to ride with you this am, Wapad! Are you guys riding again on Sunday morning?

Johan is busy but I'm free are you keen for a short one

Mr. Spar. Would have love ride with you 2 again, but taking mother-in-law out to lunch @ Okapuka.