Rock Shox SID World Cup or Fox 32 F100

Hawk

I'm looking to buy a new shock and am torn between these two!!!! :blink:

Fox Racing Shox 32 F100 Remote Lockout 2011 Fork

Or

Rockshox SID World Cup 2011 Fork

Which of these 2 shocks is better and why????

Any advice will help!

Thank you!

That Sid you are mentioning is the top of the range and that Fox is not.

What would be the equivalent in the Fox in your opinion

The Sid is the better option if you're looking at weight and bang for your buck. You will not get better than that, except maybe the XX version.

The Fox is, as Mampara says, the middle of the road option in terms of Fox forks. In my opinion, Fox are overpriced compared to RS, and you will get far better value out of the RS than the Fox.

Go for the SID if you can afford it.

Thx for your reply. Most of my mates are swining me towards a RS SID! I see the XX version is cheaper though??

Whats the difference between the world cup and xx??

The Sid is the better option if you're looking at weight and bang for your buck. You will not get better than that, except maybe the XX version.

The Fox is, as Mampara says, the middle of the road option in terms of Fox forks. In my opinion, Fox are overpriced compared to RS, and you will get far better value out of the RS than the Fox.

Go for the SID if you can afford it.

Thx for your reply. Most of my mates are swining me towards a RS SID! I see the XX version is cheaper though??

Whats the difference between the world cup and xx??

I think the world cup version would be slightly lighter due to more extensive use of carbon, but I could be wrong.

The WC version has some nice little rainbow stickers on it, whereas the XX version is the one that is being sold as part of the full XX offering from SRAM, and will complement an SRAM gropuset pretty damn nicely.

Other than the weight difference and the stickers, I can't think of anything that the XX has that the World Cup wouldn't, and vice versa...

Ok so what is the 15mm Maxle Lite system???

Excuse all the questions but I'm new to mtb'ing!! Thx :thumbup:

I have a SID XX on my Zula and I'm gonna go back to Fox. The SID is a very hard/harsh ride and somehow the Fox is just that little bit smoother/softer. But I guess if you only wanna race the SID is the one to buy. For more all round trail riding I'd go with the Fox. But having said all of this, the Fox will be more expensive and it's not easy to justify the extra moola.

It means your front wheel has to have a differant axle to a normal 'quick release' (9mm, I think). Some wheels can be converted but I had major hassles when I did this with my DT Swiss wheel - so it basically means you are buying the wrong fork. They should also sell a quick release version of the same fork.

I agree with Banna. I have a SID Team on my older S-Works and the wife has a SID XX on her Scalpel (sacrilege, I know). I have used a Fox F100 RLC and a fox RL and by far find them to be more effective for what they were designed to do: soak up the bumps. The SIDs feel a lot more harsh than the Foxys do. And the newer Fox might be a tad more expensive, but it doesn't add much in grammage, over the SID.

My newer S-Works has a Fox-built Brain front work - and that feels like a Fox RL/RLC. I like.

I have had the Fox, Sid and Reba and the Sid is at the bottom of my list, very harsh, although the lightest.

First choice would be Reba to be honest, light enough, strong enough, doesnt break the bank and way more plush than the sid.

Ok, So now whats the difference between a Reba RLT and a Reba RLT Ti??? :blink:

Ok, So now whats the difference between a Reba RLT and a Reba RLT Ti??? :blink:

I think the Ti means it has black box motion control. I could be wrong though.

I bought the 120mm Reba RLT dual air and after setting the correct air pressure to both the pos and neg chambers it is riding great now. The more fancy the fork the more problems you can have. I went with the Reba over a new fox as it was better bang for the buck and my LBS said that with the Reba I will be happy, they were right.

My Fox talus was starting to loose air pressure all the time and would only stay in 140mm travel mode. It is now sitting at Omnico waiting on a quote to sort out the issues with it.

Well according to Chris Willemse the Ti version has a titanium steerer but no addes weight difference so I'm not quite sure whats the point of it?? :huh: