Conti Mountain King UST replacement?

bone

Hi Guys,

The Magalies Monster is up this weekend and i need a new set of tires. I am running Rocket Rons 2.1 EVO's with a Stan's tubeless conversion. I would like to replace them with a mountain king, race king 2.2 UST combination, but as most of you probably know, there are no mountainking UST's available due to a manufacturing problem!!!

So i would like some advice as to what do you replace the mountain kings with that has got sufficient grip for the monster? Should i fit a Mountain king EVO (i have had no problems and not a single flat with two sets of rocket rons) or maybe stay with the rocket rons (is 2.1's to small for this kind of race)??

All advice would be gladly appreciated!!

Can you get MK in Protection model?I am very happy with mine and run them on UST rims and they seal well.

It's non UST but has thicker sidewalls and is made from black chilli compound.

The Conti X-King is a great tyre if you can get any.

The Conti X-King is a great tyre if you can get any.

Yeah was in the UK last week phoned over 50 shops to get X-kings, after all my hard labour i got 2 x-kings and 1 x MK2 all three of them the Race Sport versions. they lying on my kitchen counter calling my name, I loved the MT king R king combo by the looks of the new tread patterns and reviews these will even be better :D im a happy camper.

Edited by covie

Maybe a Nobby Nic, Racing Ralph combo, I have a MTN king/Race King combo in near perfect condition that I would trade for a NN/RR combo.

Another option (if you can find it!) is a Weirwolf for the front. I've got that paired with a Wolverine at the back, and it's a fantastic pairing! Ordered mine from CRC though, so good luck finding the Weirwolf locally!

Otherwise, I'd go with the Nevegal. it was my 2nd choice tire if the Weirwolf wasn't available, and it's a helluva good tire.

• 2 months later...

Are they easy to seat and do they leak? Easybike has a special on MK protection, and i run UST.

Mountain King USt tyres are in fact in stock at CRC.

Why not use them?

R450 to R349. Save R200, as i also need a Race King UST.

Are they easy to seat and do they leak? Easybike has a special on MK protection, and i run UST.

Chubbs...p!ss easy!! I have them on a set of mavic rims and nooo problemo!!

2.4 Mountain King front & 2.2 Race king rear...

Ghetto tubeless

Chubbs...p!ss easy!! I have them on a set of mavic rims and nooo problemo!!

2.4 Mountain King front & 2.2 Race king rear...

Ghetto tubeless

Lekka, thanks!

R450 to R349. Save R200, as i also need a Race King UST.

Exactly, my parcel with both Race & Mountain King will reach home a few days before I do.