[Event] Die Burger Mountain Bike Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

Hi,

Does anyone have or know where I can get an entry for the 60km race. I know the entries are closed, just thought i'd give it a shot. Want to use is as my last part of training for trans baviaans.

ssbsmit@gmail.com

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an invalid reason...not trying to be difficult here, I`m not gonna break any rules. It just would be nice to have the option to transfer your entry since it is not cheap and many things can happen in the 2 weeks. There will be a few people breaking this rule because of this.

Here is a valid reason, you snooze, you loose.

Hi,

Does anyone have or know where I can get an entry for the 60km race. I know the entries are closed, just thought i'd give it a shot. Want to use is as my last part of training for trans baviaans.

ssbsmit@gmail.com

Not going to happen, we just discussed that entries cannot be transferred. Bit of a bummer I guess,

Well I seriously hope the weather warms up. Weather internet-gods have it at 17|11C with 10% chance of rain and 82% humidity. Rain is forecasted for Thursday so I guess where going to see some mud.

Well im not involved at all, but usually the reason for not allowing transfers is pretty simple. The race organizers spend a lot of money trying to make a sport that will never be as save as say chess as safe as possible. for this reason your important medical information is linked to your timing chip. In case you do take that downhill to fast and crack your scull the in race medics will make a quick call and two things may happen,

You used the other persons name but not his timing chip - your timing chips number will not be found on the database and your race number will be linked to another persons medical information.

You did not use a timing chip - pretty much same as above.

Since you insisted on not following the rules you would probably be the first person to complain about how bad the race was organized afterwards.

The point is that the race was organized for you to enjoy and you had a lot of time to enter.

In this day and age to transfer an entry is as simple as punching in a new chip number and clicking a transfer button. The problem is its administrative overhead and none of the organizers want this. Hell its simple enough to built this facility into a website. Should take a freshly qualified developer about 30 minutes to do.

I personally dont want to make an issue of it, but i got tonsilitus the week before the knysna race, i knew I couldnt do much, and wanted to transfer the entry to a development rider. That could not afford an entry fee. In the end it was just too much effort to transfer and i let the what was it R260 bucks or something go to waste.

Edited by covie

Ek dink ek gaan maar saterdag n skip gee...al wavoor daar nog entries is die 15km en dit lyk na n boring plaaspad wat ons gaan ry en dit kan ek by die huis doen!

Ek dink ek gaan maar saterdag n skip gee...al wavoor daar nog entries is die 15km en dit lyk na n boring plaaspad wat ons gaan ry en dit kan ek by die huis doen!

Hoekom doen jy nie maar 4 x laps van die 15km nie??

Met al die goeie weerr die vorige naweke...gaan die seker ook maar 'n modderbad afgee!! Murphy??

Well I seriously hope the weather warms up. Weather internet-gods have it at 17|11C with 10% chance of rain and 82% humidity. Rain is forecasted for Thursday so I guess where going to see some mud.

ek sien ok daai dingsad.gif

cassie wat se jy?tongue.gif

It's going to be muddy... this ride is always muddy... :D

Does anyone know when or where registration is?

Sportsmans warehouse canal walk thursday 12-6pm apparently.

ek sien ok daai dingsad.gif

cassie wat se jy?tongue.gif

Ons sal meer sekerheid so teen Woe kan hê....

help nie om te vroeg menings te lug nie...

Ons sal meer sekerheid so teen Woe kan hê....

help nie om te vroeg menings te lug nie...

janee ons het almal met 'n clear conscience op-gesign, so dit help om nou te worry en te wonder niebiggrin.gif

Ek het 2 entries (30km en 42km), maar kan nie meer ry a.g.v. begrafnis van familielid nie. Racetec/BurgerMTB is nie bereid om 'n refund te gee nie (wat ek 100% verstaan en geen probleem mee het nie), maar is bereid om 'n uitsondering te maak en 'n transfer te doen. PM my as iemand belangstel om die inskrywings by my oor te koop.