[Event] Die Burger Mountain Bike Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the problem, I don't know as I never done this race before....I know at the Autumn Splendour De Doorns MTB race there were people of the long route infront of us on the single track....what a frustrating section, yet he doesnt move over, he will rather keep us behind....eventually I just went over the bush around him...

dankie tog jy praat van 'n "him" so dit was nie ek nie!biggrin.gif

dankie tog jy praat van 'n "him" so dit was nie ek nie!biggrin.gif

n Ou mind nie om agter n girl te ry nie :P

I wasnt taking a stab at you mate :) was just saying races this size people just need to be polite and hope for the best.

I am very careful to put pressure on the person in front of me holding me up. Like you said, that guy is probably 100% focused on the track and if I ask him to make way, he might go down and get injured (I've seen it happen). So I take it as a chance to recover and when the opportunity is there, I'll overtake. If he/she makes way, I am very appreciative.

I also try to improve my times from one year to the next, but the bottle neck from last year will also re-occur this year. Nothing gained and nothing lost.

some people like to improve their times, and I am one of them....like some set a goal to finish, I set a goal to improve my time from the previous year...

That is what road biking is for! :blink:

lol! Some prefer improving it on the road and on the mountain ;)

Dude you are missing the point of mountain biking completely.

Go and look at what is was like when the hippy, bearded, jean wearing, nutters, took their bikes off road.

Suppose to bring you in touch with nature, center your aura and all that crap.

It has only recently changed that all the mountain bikers want to be roadies and look like roadies!

They didnt have shaved legs or even shaved faces not so long ago.

They even copied our freeking wheel size man!

What happened to the baggies they use to wear, replaced with smooth shaven legs, lycra with white mid-calve socks, vented helmets etc!

Freeking wannabee roadies!

Okay seriously everyone. chill pill. Take one.

There is very little singletrack on the 42. And on the 60 and 70 it is on Simonsberg and Delvera. By that time the field has thinned out considerably, and the guys give track.

If someone is being a douche and doesn't want to give track, wait for that person to make a mistake. It almost always happens, spectacularly. Or just tyre buzz him. But you better have you own ducks in a row if you want to do this.

On this race there is enough open sections where you can pass and improbe on your time. If you're wary of bottlenecks, just climb faster and pack bigger balls for the downhills.

Its an MTB ride. If you don't enjoy it, you are doing it wrong. That includes changing your mindset to bottlenecks...

Oh and if I ever catch you on singletrack, I'll be the guy asking if I can come past where it safe for you to make a stop. And thanking you afterwards.

easy now Tankman, take a deep breath and count to 10 s.l.o.w.l.y. :lol:

Edited by udxcob

Go and look at what is was like when the hippy, bearded, jean wearing, nutters, took their bikes off road.

It has only recently changed that all the mountain bikers want to be roadies and look like roadies!

What happened to the baggies they use to wear, replaced with smooth shaven legs, lycra with white mid-calve socks, vented helmets etc!

HAHA! Sounds like the Single speed events....

I enjoy myself...some people enjoy the scenery, I enjoy pushing myself...and as for the clothes and shaven legs....I wear on the mtb what I wear on the road :)

I wear on the mtb what I wear on the road :)

my point exactly! Hope you wash it in between!

I think Dangle summed it up properly when he said something along the lines of missing the days when we'd all just rock up at races and ride old hardtails and no-one knew any better - but now everybody wants to be a pro. I miss those days too. Of my bikes my simplest cheapest nastiest boneshaker is still my favourite and gets used the most...if you see me pushing what resembles a dikwiel up Botmaskop be sure to say Hi!