[Event] Die Burger Mountain Bike Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

I am bedazzled, I got an invite to do the 75 (last years race was my best race ever) but I declined and entered the 60 and got a D seeding... Go figure

I don't even read Die Burger and got an invite too!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an E seeding.

I'm always in A and always finish in the top 30 in every race.

How can I be in E now?

So, anybody got a 42km entry for me? Don't feel like watching the All Blacks crush the Boks. Contrary to earlier posts, substitutions ARE possible for a R50 admin fee and provided there is a consent letter from the original entry holder.

What letter are they referring to? I need to pick up the wife's number.

If you're referring to the consent letter in my post, no need to worry about picking up your wife's entry if it's a normal entry (i.e. not a substitution).

I`ll sell my 42km for R499 and my 30km for R399. The weather looks good for Saturday, gonna get some rain before then so maybe just enough mud to make it even more fun.

I love my starting group - H!

I expected to be in the last of the 42km group as I am not seeded at all yet and I have never done this or any other race before April/May. :clap:

I will have to push hard in the beginning though so by the time I get to the potential bottle necks there won't be like 2500 people infront of me (like with the Knysna). Heard this is a BIG issue with this race!

See you all soon again in Stellies! :)

I`ll sell my 42km for R499 and my 30km for R399. The weather looks good for Saturday, gonna get some rain before then so maybe just enough mud to make it even more fun.

eek.gif I'm happy to pay a premium for the 42km, but R499 is "rukking die dam onder die eend" just a little I think? PM me if you haven't had any luck by midday Thursday. What was the original entry fee again? Thanks

Do i get pensioners discount, and if so how much?

I love my starting group - H!

I expected to be in the last of the 42km group as I am not seeded at all yet and I have never done this or any other race before April/May. :clap:

I will have to push hard in the beginning though so by the time I get to the potential bottle necks there won't be like 2500 people infront of me (like with the Knysna). Heard this is a BIG issue with this race!

See you all soon again in Stellies! :)

I am also seeded for H i think they just randomly place people accoriding to when they entered, but there will be bottlenecks historically there always have been. Im just going to have fun on this one.

I am also seeded for H i think they just randomly place people accoriding to when they entered, but there will be bottlenecks historically there always have been. Im just going to have fun on this one.

Also in H

See you there then buddy :)

Cool so you experienced guys are going to motivate me from the back? ;)

Actually what work best is when one goes in front and one at the back – With the one in the front I can follow his line over the ‘technical’ stuff and the one in the back just tells me “go you can do it” – see recipe for success I would say :thumbup:

:)

If you're referring to the consent letter in my post, no need to worry about picking up your wife's entry if it's a normal entry (i.e. not a substitution).

Cool thanks, flymango.