Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

I think stacking works really well with a long exposure stacked with a quicker exposure to get the desired effect .

There's it

http://farbspiel-photo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/the-tube-hdr-before-and-after-0011.jpg

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be honest, and its purely a taste thing, but the After in that image escapee.. feels way too overdone IMO.

I must be honest, and its purely a taste thing, but the After in that image escapee.. feels way too overdone IMO.

Maybe a bit over saturated yes, but look at how much detail there is compared to the before pictures

There's it

http://farbspiel-photo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/the-tube-hdr-before-and-after-0011.jpg

Nope ,this is the idea .

Taken by Mohammed Sattar.

10830685_943597445674321_467112918461710

This is what I had in mind when I suggested two images blended .

A fast and slow shutter, although this is one single image with a terrible hack job, it might make it more clear what I suggested .

10535777_10152760933756179_2212582945370

Hey guys, I'm looking to replace my old Canon 20d body with something a bit more up to date. Thinking of the 70d. Anyone have one or experience in using one? I see Orms are also selling the 7d for pretty much the same price as the 70d (7d recently been replaced by the 7d mark 2).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Shotto

Banna

Banna

Hoezit, I have a 7 D I use as a spare body.

It works well but doesn't compare to my 5 D mk 2.

I would take the 70 D, newer technology and updated features .

Banna

Hoezit, I have a 7 D I use as a spare body.

It works well but doesn't compare to my 5 D mk 2.

I would take the 70 D, newer technology and updated features .

Thx Sheriff. Ja, that was my thoughts as well. And the 7d mark 2 is quite a bit more expensive. Rather spend that price differential on getting better glass?

Anton do you have experience in using the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens?

I had 4 of them.

It's a great lens.

Is it in the package ?

If not you should consider the Tamron 24-70 f 2.8

I had 4 of them.

It's a great lens.

Is it in the package ?

If not you should consider the Tamron 24-70 f 2.8

Thx a stack. Read the reviews, but not always sure how objective they are.

Nope, not in the package, but it's on special as well at Orms. So I guess it's gonna be 70d plus the EF 24-105. Thx meneer. That was easy enough!

Hi Banna

i have the 70D  I do all my photography with it.

A few notes!

1) The 24-70 is a great lens BUT its long for the 70D, being a crop sensor! this is very important.  the 24 is more of a 35mm.  the 17-50mm F2.8 Tamron is the equivalent lens for the 70D.  I have this lens, its cheaper than the 24-70mm and performs amazingly well and sharp.

2) I highly recommend the 70D as being the best cropped camera in the Canon Range (except for the 7D Mark 2, which is alot more and a different price bracket completely).  

3) My lens selection is the very cheap (and very capable) ultra wide 10-18mm Canon STM, Tamron 17-50mm F2.8, Canon 50mm F1.4, Canon 85mm F1.8. 

Some of my work

https://www.flickr.com/photos/119061318@N03/sets/72157651170471949

Hi Banna

i have the 70D  I do all my photography with it.

A few notes!

1) The 24-70 is a great lens BUT its long for the 70D, being a crop sensor! this is very important.  the 24 is more of a 35mm.  the 17-50mm F2.8 Tamron is the equivalent lens for the 70D.  I have this lens, its cheaper than the 24-70mm and performs amazingly well and sharp.

2) I highly recommend the 70D as being the best cropped camera in the Canon Range (except for the 7D Mark 2, which is alot more and a different price bracket completely).  

3) My lens selection is the very cheap (and very capable) ultra wide 10-18mm Canon STM, Tamron 17-50mm F2.8, Canon 50mm F1.4, Canon 85mm F1.8. 

Some of my work

https://www.flickr.com/photos/119061318@N03/sets/72157651170471949

All depends what he wants to do with it.

The 7D used to be shipped with the 24-105 as well as the 17-40 and also with the 5 D mk2

Let's face it as well, on a cropped sensor one is never really going to go for the aid landscapes .

I like my 5D mk2 with the Canon 17-40, that combo suits my needs .

Edited by Wyatt Earp

Thx a stack. Read the reviews, but not always sure how objective they are.

Nope, not in the package, but it's on special as well at Orms. So I guess it's gonna be 70d plus the EF 24-105. Thx meneer. That was easy enough!

Try Studio 22 as well. They're a smaller outfit, but based in Century City - we (my wife, actually) use them for all our printing needs as well, apart from canvas which we use another private provider for.