Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got myself a 10Mp Cannon "mik & druk" cheapie to take with on the bike, it is a frustrating little thing, but sometimes the light and my limited know-how shoots a half decent pic or 2. Im not in your league, though, Dangle, your pics are amazing. I lust after a 650D for more serious pics, but then there is also a decent spec 29er, pimp road wheels, TDF camping trip etc. on that list.....

Edited by Christie

I got myself a 10Mp Cannon "mik & druk" cheapie to take with on the bike, it is a frustrating little thing, but sometimes the light and my limited know-how shoots a half decent pic or 2. Im not in your league, though, Dangle, your pics are amazing. I lust after a 650D for more serious pics, but then there is also a decent spec 29er, pimp road wheels, TDF camping trip etc. on that list.....

Thanks Christie.

Yip, priorities are an ugly thing so as a family of 4 I have to plan holidays for 4 which makes any long trips or overseas trips a big "it's not gonna happen"

Which Canon did you get ?

Powershot A490. It struggles in low light with focus, indoor pics are often blurred. It has survived mtb so far, but I wont cry much when it dies.

In the light of recent events lets not forget how precious life is and how important family is.

I just spent a few days with my wife and kiddies and I will take that over any earthly possessions.

My kids at the top of the Golden Gate, it was one heck of a hike to the top for them.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8075/8348734348_ef2267f866_b.jpg

Golden Gate 7D-11 by OddPix1, on Flickr

Edited by Dangle

Did u just have the shutter open on bulb and then 8 seconds later it happened?

I was shooting in manual, took one or two test shots and set the exposure keeping in mind that lightning really brightens up the sky and can cause an over-exposure.

Settings:

ISO: 100

Shutter: f8

Lens at 24 mm. on a full frame sensor.

Exposure 8 seconds.

Awesome picture. One place I have to visit if I am in Jhb. Have you been inside Dangle? The artwork inside is spectacular. Google Nizamiye Mosque.

Thanks for the heads up thumbup1.gif

In the light of recent events lets not forget how precious life is and how important family is.

I just spent a few days with my wife and kiddies and I will take that over any earthly possessions.

My kids at the top of the Golden Gate, it was one heck of a hike to the top for them.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8075/8348734348_ef2267f866_b.jpg

Golden Gate 7D-11 by OddPix1, on Flickr

This is quite a nice image! I love the "un posed" ones! Did you edit this one? Also, if I may, what kind of hardware do you use?

This is quite a nice image! I love the "un posed" ones! Did you edit this one? Also, if I may, what kind of hardware do you use?

Thanks rooies.

It's quite a difficult image to take, this type.

You have the sun setting so the valleys and shadows are quite dark and the sky is super bright and over exposed.

The wind was howling and I shoot in manual, so now I had to compose, get the settings right and click holding thumbs it looks like something that key eyes are seeing.

I lifted the shadows a tad and brought down the highlights and dropped the saturation a click.

I used a Canon 7D with a Tokina 10-17 mm. fisheye lens for this shot.

The Tokina delivers brilliant colours and the wide angle deals with the harsh sun quite well.