Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

I was fortunate enough to take some pics this weekend at a fashion show for the alternative community.

It's really difficult to get good images in a dark place and all the models wearing black.

The biggest challenge was to use flash or not, the other photographers decided to use flash and really struggled, I used ambient light and didn't have too much of a bad evening.

Some of the images.

Yeah I saw some of those on you're CCHQ galler, some bloody nice stuff. Especially like the one of woman and her reflection in the cabinet. :thumbup:

Did well with the ambient light, at events like this it's the way to go I reckon, possibly with some flash just for fill.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comment Dangle.

Daloco - That was the setlist for Wreslewrish (spelling?) so don't really know how theior stuff goes.

yea !! Chris ... that is awesome .. original image or photoshop added effects ?

100% original image.

One more for today. You may have noticed that I like bright saturated colours.

post-1047-0-03298900-1307382142.jpg

Edited by ChrisH

frikken awesome .. do you have more ? possibly not always cycling related ?

Thousands of 'em. :drool:

Love Jones opening for Fall Out Boy, few years back at the Dome.

Shot at ISO400, 1/30 on an old Canon 300D. Flash lighting is generally banned at concerts, so we had to shoot with ambient light, something that's far easier with todays cameras though.

IMHO I thought that Love Jones had a far better stage presence than FOB, whom I thought to be an anti-climax, mind you thousands of screaming (and I mean screaming) teeny bopper gals drowed those thoughts out! :blink:

post-2147-0-53824300-1307382473.jpg

I did all the images at 1600 ISO and f1.8 with aperture priority, I used a 30 mm f 1.4 prime.

aaah, that helps, a nice fast lens. Something I don't yet have in my arsenal. What kind of shutter speed were you getting with that combo, & were you using the same set-up with the sat dish pics? If so, maybe I must move that acquisition up my priority list, who needs a bike stand anyway.

aaah, that helps, a nice fast lens. Something I don't yet have in my arsenal. What kind of shutter speed were you getting with that combo, & were you using the same set-up with the sat dish pics? If so, maybe I must move that acquisition up my priority list, who needs a bike stand anyway.

The sat dishes were done with a Sony NEX 3.

On the others the fastest I got was around 1/50, still quite slow, but at under f1.8 the lens get's soft.

Here is one at f 1.6 and shutter speed 1/15 at 1600 ISO.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3361/5800721610_86fc324c93_z.jpg

_MG_5606 by OddPix1, on Flickr