How the heck do you manage to wake up in the morning...

does it sound familiar?

QUICKIE HI-JACK:

Please forgive me for leaving you hangin' at the Engen Garage many moons ago...

And, NO, it wasn't 5 AM in the dark under a lamppost, you T Rex... :huh:

HI-JACK OFF.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am married. Getting to bed is not the problem. Going to sleep is. :lol:

Interesting. Most guys have that problem only when they are batchelors.

This works for me: I set your Alarm for 05h00 in the morning, When it goes off shut it the hell up, Knowing that my training rids are in the afternoon, Pull the blankets over your head and sleep again

I am liking this thread, so much honesty :)

And it makes me feel better about being sick and not being able to ride a tricycle without my nose running...

Just move to KZN , this morning was a VERY COLD morning and we just got to single digits - 9 degrees when I got up, we still ride at 4.15 AM no sweat ! Arm warmers and long gloves only - not long leggings needed - The more hardcore guys still dont wear gloves

Ja, bro - those KZN winters are non existent. My ballies suit up when it drops below 20. "it's coooold!" they tjoon. Nought, bru. Move to slaaaaapstad of JHB. THEN you'll be cold in the mornings.

This works for me: I set your Alarm for 05h00 in the morning, When it goes off shut it the hell up, Knowing that my training rids are in the afternoon, Pull the blankets over your head and sleep again

That's my M.O. right there. My wife trains in the morning, I train during the day (lunchtime) or in the afternoons after work. I love my sleep. Also cools my head off after a long day at the office.

Also cools my head off after a long day at the office.

I picked up a bottle of Bushmill's for that yesterday.

I have my heater on a timer switch so it turns on about 30min before I wake up. It makes getting out of bed a bit easier.

Hmmm - tried that but had the heater set high and it obviously pulled too much juice for the timer plug to handle and it melted! ohmy.gif

Hmmm - tried that but had the heater set high and it obviously pulled too much juice for the timer plug to handle and it melted! ohmy.gif

Well you need to get over the heater thread and find the one that does not melt timer plugs ;) Which timer did you get, so I dont get the same? :P

The trick is to point the heater AWAY from the plug. I think you'll find it MUCH more efficient that way... ;)

I get motivated by the possibility of burning some extra fat when it's cold. Check out this study, gets very technical, but the basics are that cold exposure combined with exercise can be a great tool for fat loss. I'm giving it a try and will see if it works. http://www.freezeawayfat.com/science_behind_cool_shapes/Fat%20Loss%20in%20the%20Cold.pdf

Basically because you're burning calories to stay warm. HR goes up due to the need to circulate the blood faster, and that helps keep core temp up.

But yeah, you do work harder in the cold, even though your breathing would be more efficient due to the change in the density of the air when it's cold.

I picked up a bottle of Bushmill's for that yesterday.

Spend the extra R50 and get a bottle of Black Bush :thumbup:

Try Sportsmans Warehouse - got some there this weekend for 100 bucks (on special. normally 145)

Went to SW on the weekend (Fourways Crossing) but to no avail.

Picked some up at CL on Monday... but paid a bit more than R100 :blush:

Lets see if day 4 of the attempts to get up early and go for a ride works out, bedtime very soon :rolleyes: