UCI World Cup Rnd 2: Fort William (SCO)

Capricorn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they should change it to Fort Greg.. that boy owns that hill.

He has won 50% of the times he has raced there.

Gwin is taking the disappointment well:

AaronGwin1 Aaron Gwin

Chill day today, currently jammin some country music. Fun weekend and a good race, bummed on the crash but there's always next time!

which means what mampara?

He has won there 5 out of the 10 times the race has been held there. More then anybody else.

He has won there 5 out of the 10 times the race has been held there. More then anybody else.

So here's a question for the DH guru's: how much of winning a DH race is just hours and hours of training and learning to be "one" with your rig and how much of winning is pure talent?

Would like to see what it drops down onto ... crazy rocks or nice sloping downhill ... hopefully not a flat section littered with muddy roots

whooooff! that's a beeg drop!

Eish... now you see this is exactly where my b@lls start shriveling up...

u should see the landing. It's SUPER steep.

Banna: natural talent takes u very far, but to discover your envelope, you can only do so if super fit, and of course have the balls to pull off the big stuff. Back in the day, Sam Hill blitzed everyone. Now, they,in his own words, have caught up cos they working at it more (meaning training).

Look at T-Mo (Tracy Mosely). Been on the circuit for a while, but hardly won anything. Then she lights a fire under her own ample arse,and goes for broke outside of races, training like a beast. The extra physical capacity due to training has given her renewed confidence, and it's showing in her times and results. Aaron Gwin also confessed to saying his new training regime is doing wonders for his physical ability and confidence.

Nathan Rennie is a perfectly example of the opposite situation of Gwin and T-Mo: the man is an IMMENSE talent, but cos he is generally overweight and unfit, cant do squat. Just watch what's the first thing outta his mouth when someone asks him why he is doing better at the races (if he does do better): "i've lost some weight and working hard in the gym"

u should see the landing. It's SUPER steep.

Banna: natural talent takes u very far, but to discover your envelope, you can only do so if super fit, and of course have the balls to pull off the big stuff. Back in the day, Sam Hill blitzed everyone. Now, they,in his own words, have caught up cos they working at it more (meaning training).

Look at T-Mo (Tracy Mosely). Been on the circuit for a while, but hardly won anything. Then she lights a fire under her own ample arse,and goes for broke outside of races, training like a beast. The extra physical capacity due to training has given her renewed confidence, and it's showing in her times and results. Aaron Gwin also confessed to saying his new training regime is doing wonders for his physical ability and confidence.

Nathan Rennie is a perfectly example of the opposite situation of Gwin and T-Mo: the man is an IMMENSE talent, but cos he is generally overweight and unfit, cant do squat. Just watch what's the first thing outta his mouth when someone asks him why he is doing better at the races (if he does do better): "i've lost some weight and working hard in the gym"

Nicely put, dude.

Nicely put, dude.

Ja, it's actually good for DH that the guys are spending a lot of time getting their fitness levels up. It must help your concentration levels massively?

Greg Minnaar is actually such a great example for everyone. He's obviously got a sh!tload of skill, but he also trains very hard. I mean the man has done an Epic if I'm not mistaken?

Would like to see what it drops down onto ... crazy rocks or nice sloping downhill ... hopefully not a flat section littered with muddy roots

With a tricky, root-strewn run-up, a fireroad to clear and a super-steep and loose-looking landing into a massive berm, the 'chicken run' down the side is likely to see plenty of use. The top riders won't be daunted though – at least not if the reaction of reigning world champion Sam Hill (Aus|Monster Energy Specialized) is anything to go by.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/video-world-cup-riders-face-monster-drop-at-fort-william-30443

post-615-0-02143400-1307364844.jpg

With a tricky, root-strewn run-up, a fireroad to clear and a super-steep and loose-looking landing into a massive berm, the 'chicken run' down the side is likely to see plenty of use. The top riders won't be daunted though – at least not if the reaction of reigning world champion Sam Hill (Aus|Monster Energy Specialized) is anything to go by.

LOL. sammo is a legend!