Is this the best MTB bike ever made??

Stevief

I had a giant reign, morewood mbuzi and a hartail, not all at once. But nothing comes close to a Santa Cruc Nomad. That is the best bike ever.

I've got the Intense Tracer, which is the Nomad's sister from the Intense stable. Both have same VPP suspension and amount of travel. Very cool bikes. Would be interesting to see if they ride very similar.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a little digging and now understand the 2 bikes in 1 thing and my earlier comparison to the Scott Ransom.

Peter Denk - the designer - of the Ransom now works for Cannondale, so I guess all those funky ideas about suspension and really light weight frames that were applied at Scott will be coming through thick and fast at Cannondale now too.

Funny thing is. to me the best bike ever made is totally different from the Jekyll.

It's a steel frame, has no gears and a rigid front fork :thumbup:

You took the words right out of my mouth :D

Funnily enough I am planning to get a longer travel bike and ditch one of my Epics for it. This has given me a few ideas of what to start looking for...

Most people over here ride trail bikes; it is a South African peculiarity that everyone wants an XC bike!

it is a South African peculiarity that everyone wants an XC bike!

It's a Saffer thing. If it can be raced, it must be raced. Midmar Mile, Comrades, Dusi etc etc - all the biggest of their kind in the world. Not only in America :)

Funnily enough I am planning to get a longer travel bike and ditch one of my Epics for it. This has given me a few ideas of what to start looking for...

Most people over here ride trail bikes; it is a South African peculiarity that everyone wants an XC bike!

You quite correct, i spoke to a GIANT employee from Europe last year he told me in europe the Giant Trance (trail) outsells the Anthem(XC) 4 to 1 and in SA the Anthem outsells the trance 5 to 1. We saffers just wanna dice.