Super suspect!?!

nox1111

Hey guys,

Spotted this ad on gumtree that made my mouth water - Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon 2011 R11620

http://capetown.gumtree.co.za/c-Stuff-for-Sale-sports-bicycles-fitness-Santa-Cruz-Carbon-Nomad-2011-Float-or-Talas-W0QQAdIdZ287041738

R11620

Size L, Brand new

2011 SC Carbon Large with a 2011 Fox Rear DHX Air with Boost and a 2011 Fox Float or Talas RLC/-FIT with Kashima

Coating 36 / 20mm OR

a 2011 White Fox Vanilla RLC-FIT Tapered, Coices in Life

Crankbrothers Grey Iodines with Kenda UST Tires

2011 Avid CR's Black and White Brakes Front and Rear , Avid G-3 Rotor's 185 in Front & 160 rear or 160

ChrisKing Headset GREY to Match the Wheelset / 1.5 Bottom and 1-1/8 Top

Sram XO 9speed Triggers with a XO REDLong Carbon Cage Rear Derailleur, Sram XO 990 11-34 9 speed Cassette, Sram

991 Chain

Raceface Blue Atlas Bars / Wide Lowrise with a Raceface Evlove 70mm Stem with ODI Lockon Grips, IF u want Black

Bars Just let me Know

Seat is a WTB White Rocket V TI Saddle with a CrankBros 4 Remote Seatpost, ""IF i want a Black Saddle it will Be

a WTB Slimline Saddle""

Raceface RED Deus Cranks 175mm Crank with a Shimano XT M770 Front Derailleur

Anyways, so I mail the guy after the phone number just goes to fax; standard procedure he mails back, saying payment to be done through Google checkout.

I mail him for ID and pictures - he sends them both immediately, nicely done - except on his ID he is 67 years old, and according to his mail he just relocated to Athens Greece for a new job and

need to sell the bike for cash.

A bit of a search showed the bike as advertised on a UK site in May - for 5500 pounds.

The guy goes under the name Albert Benner.

He stopped replying when I asked him for photos of himself with the bike.

I attached photos of the bike and his ID.

Beware of this guy!

seems zero legit.

post-2231-0-36447200-1307433861.jpg

post-2231-0-32069900-1307433853.jpg

Definately suspect, Surely this is enough to get cops on this guy??

That is not an ID 'nana.

That is a passport. Belonging to Mr Albert Benner. British Citizen, born 1945.

Said passport now in the possession of Alfonso Bonnorro. Nigerian Citizen, born GKW.

Best not tarnish Mr Benner with a Tar brush, no?

Beware Alfonso, the absconder.

Abscond. n - To move in a mysterious way, commonly with the property of another. Absconder. AB

But thanks for the heads up anyway.

Edited by The Drongo

Abscond. n - To move in a mysterious way, commonly with the property of another. AB

Surely you meant "v.i." rolleyes.gif

Surely you meant "v.i." rolleyes.gif

Correct. Thank you.

Absconder - n. As in, Alfonso is an.

Edited by The Drongo

's all good, The Drongo. thumbup1.gif

Sheesh, how long until my face makes it into a "Super suspect!?!!" thread cos some shady wanker made a copy of my ID or passport? :D

nox1111, what kind of fraudster would give you valid identification details? Seriously, you can't just slander poor Mr Albert Benner. He is in all probability oblivious to a photo of his passport being used to commit fraud... biggrin.gif LMFAO

true that...haha

he sends this around though - so better to spot the fake one I suppose!

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I just saw this on Ebay , and yes , I was also surprised...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Santa-Cruz-Carbon-Nomad-2011-Float-or-Talas-2011/360368161245?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1QQihZ023QQcategoryZ164313QQcmdZViewItem

Thats why I've done some Google search, and here I am :)

I've wrote to the guy : itemsharon@gmail.com

And he said that they have a sale in their shop...thus the price.

Which is realy strange is that he has actualy an Ebay account, with 100% feedback.

What do you think ?

Erm, if that bike was TRULY being sold for R 11k, I'd go for it! Far too high a discount to be legit. Also highly irregular to ask for payment ONLY thru Google Checkout...

No, he says that "transaction will be handled by ebay"...Here is his email.

===

Hello,

The buy it now price for the bike including shipping is $1,800. Transaction will be handled by ebay, so we can both be protected and able to exchange feedback after transaction is successfully closed!

I will offer a 30 days inspection period for the bike, so if by any reason you are not satisfied with it, you can return it against a full refund!

If you do want the deal, just please email me your full name and full shipping address and I will start the transaction under ebay. You will be after contacted by them with further instructions on how to safely complete this sale.

Thank you,

Sharon

====