MTB Mud guards: a Thumbs up or a BIG No-No

Tazza007

Mudguards rule ! Keeps my water bottle clean ..

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/DragonReef5/25052011350.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha! ... beeeg morewood (Izimu) and leeetle morewood (Ndiza). At one stage I did have this Yeti ASX aswell, but sold it. So at one point 3. Currently 2. And maybe the next addition will be an XC bike, haha!

Aaah... well, I guess one can never have enough bikes? I foresee a time in the future (many many moons from now) when I will open my garage and there will be a collection of at least 25 bikes...wait...does that number sound about right? Will one be able to get all the coolest bikes in a collection of only 25? :blink:

haha! ... beeeg morewood (Izimu) and leeetle morewood (Ndiza). At one stage I did have this Yeti ASX aswell, but sold it. So at one point 3. Currently 2. And maybe the next addition will be an XC bike, haha!

But yeah, not nearly in the same league as the likes of Daft Vader

20100306_102803_Bikes.JPG

His collection has chopped and changed somewhat since this pic... and his DH Beast is missing from the lineup.

but funny enough, he's nearly always on the Black Cherrybomb (2nd from left) when I ride with him

I just hope his partner does not sell them, for what he said, he paid for them...

If you cannot make, or defend, the decision yourself do not ask it.

Shut down the Hub, no advice or questions are allowed to be asked from this day forth.

"THE" is the bomb!! :D Got the white Inject Sportline Shroud on my bike. Works a dream.

Jees! DV, what the hell are you doing with all those bikes!?

I've been looking at the Cherrybomb on CRC. Looks superb. Might take that, later on.

haha! DV has 2 Cherrybombs! the one pictured as well as a white one. Sadly they don't make the 4" Cherrybombs anymore... but there is a 6" version available (possibly what you saw on CRC).

I have a shroud on my downtube as well. Works fairly well. However I like that Mucky Nutz mudguard. Is there somthing similar for the rear wheel?

haha! DV has 2 Cherrybombs! the one pictured as well as a white one. Sadly they don't make the 4" Cherrybombs anymore... but there is a 6" version available (possibly what you saw on CRC).

Yeah, I was looking at the sixer. Would look superb with a 160mm Lyrik on the front... mmmmmm! Santa, are you listening?

I make us of the THE raceline mudguards...

These ones, and the one that Patches had, are the ones I was talking about. I think Patches's one is better looking, but then the other one is also pretty cool. Would snap like a... snappy thing... when you had an off though...

aah that's the one that Peaty uses...

and Peaty is usually the first person at a DH race to sport a fender when it gets muddy

Well, he is from Sheffield so he knows about mud and wet weather.

(I spent a bit of time there)