Shova frame weight

Nobody

I reckon a nice trail bike and an XC bike would be great in the quiver.

For those times you want to try a bigger jump or drop-off.

Would get a trail or all mountain way before a 29'er.

1 X Ibis Mojo will do. Light enough to race / capable and strong enough to all mountain.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre from Rush will get in touch with you on Monday. Pity I didn't know sooner - got a order on the way to Cycle Factory Store and we could've dropped it in there. As far as I know they have some in stock.

Ishwenna. Any idea on expected retail?

What are your guys thoughts on the 100 vs 120 mm travel fork on a morewood zula?

I find the 120 perfect but will be trying a 100mm soon.

Edited by Nobody

What are your guys thoughts on the 100 vs 120 mm travel fork on a morewood zula?

I find the 120 perfect but will be trying a 100mm soon.

Have ridden both, though not in anger, and enjoyed both. As a purpose build bike the 100mm made more sense for me, but running 120 has it advantages...and disadvantages.

The extra 20mm (closer to 15 once you've accounted for sag) does give more confidence on techy stuff. This is thanks to the slacker head angle and not the extra travel. It raises the BB slightly, but the biggest drawback for me is it moves your weight quite a bit back. This affects shock setup and make it trickier to run a good balance.

Just bear in mind that there's a lot to consider. Axle to crown height, tyre size, etc, etc. You'll notice that Morewood is one of the VERY few companies that claim BB drop rather than BB height as this negates those factors.

At the end of the day I'm a firm believer of building and using a bike what is was designed for. I'm not talking about the odd venture outside it's comfort zone, but too many mtb'ers spend their life and saving money to change a bike into what it is not.

If you ride the bike in it's sweet spot it will inspire you to do other stuff. Go faster / higher / longer / furthe.

I have a 100 on the front. Feels good for what i do with my Zula. Do get a bit shaky on the bigger drop offs and more technical stuff.

1 X Ibis Mojo will do. Light enough to race / capable and strong enough to all mountain.

Would love one of those but I'd have to sell my wife!