Alu GT Fury on the cards for 2012

nigelhicks

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will also be riding an alloy GT Fury for 2012!!!!

Mine wont be the AL1 spec like Deans, but rather the AL2 as pictured at the beginning of the thread - so amped for my new sled!

nice one Dean!!! gonna be interesting to see the difference between mine and the alu ones

Mine will be faster Nige... :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

The first 2012 Fury AL1 for the new 2012 team arrived and i am loving it. The rest will be here end of November.

Big thanks to Nigel Hicks for letting me ride his GT. That was the deciding factor to us chosing the GT's.

Big thanks to Omnico and Leigh's Cycle Centre for all their assistance with the bikes.

Cant wait for the 2012 season to start.

Ordered and eagerly waiting on it's arrival. Gonna tear some hills apart when it arrives. It sure is sweet.

How much?

Full retail on the Fury AL1 is R24995.00

I presume this is for just the frame, but I would love it to be for the full bike set up

No Danegar, that is for the full bike!!!! Boxxer races, Fox Van RC, Elixir 7's, X7 etc......

And there is a cheaper option too: The AL2.0. It has a lower spec but it is still a fully capable DH Sled.

The AL2.0 Retails at an incredible 19 995 - see the oBike link below.

It has 888Rv's, Roco R, Elixer 3, X5 etc...

http://www.obike.co.za/Products/ProductsList.aspx

No Danegar, that is for the full bike!!!! Boxxer races, Fox Van RC, Elixir 7's, X7 etc......

And there is a cheaper option too: The AL2.0. It has a lower spec but it is still a fully capable DH Sled.

Both bikes look really nice but I think its probably worth spending the the extra R5000 for the 1.0, besides the silver, black and yellow color scheme looks really nice. Note it seems like Obike made a mistake with the 2.0 component listing since a Boxxer is listed while the pic shows a Bomber.

People are going to be comparing this bike with the BootR and it will be interesting to know why people go for the one or the other. Personally for me I really like the GT frame design (opinion might be biased though).

Guest Omega Man

Where can i find a list of places in JHB to ride a DH bike ?

You get on the N3 and drive for about 4 hours. When you get to a place called Pietermaritzburg you will have found the best place in JHB to ride a DH bike. hehehe. Just kidding.

Guest Omega Man

25k for a full DH bike is a very good price. The similarly specced Demo is 33k. I've ridden the carbon Fury for a day and it felt very tall and short tho. I hated it.

Different bikes for different folks. On the day i rode the GT Fury, i also test rode the Morewood Makulu and Kona. Didnt hate the Morewood or Kona, they just didnt feel right under me. The GT Fury felt perfect, therfore have 10 on order for the team.

Edited by Aero GSA