• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ha! ha! ha!

No advice needed, bra!

I spank it whenever I get the chance!

Wait. No. That didn't come out quite as I expected. Fk. Did it again. Dammit! AAARGH!

http://www.amazingpaper.com.au/persistent/catalogue_images/products/VLI.jpg

That is all... :lol:

Okay, so you ARE the purple dinosaur. Explains a lot.

Remind me to carry a machete next time. Might just lop off your head and save millions of parents the world round from your hideous mancy pancy sing-alongs. ;)

Okay, so you ARE the purple dinosaur. Explains a lot.

Remind me to carry a machete next time. Might just lop off your head and save millions of parents the world round from your hideous mancy pancy sing-alongs. ;)

You know I met B_a_r_n_e_y (his bots are tracking everything) in the states.. I had a small window of opportunity but large hammer! Unfortunately, and what stopped me, was breaking the hypnotism so suddenly could have sent the young minds into revolt! I feared for my safety!

Purple? I am starting to wonder what transpired in that PM Cap.. ??!! It IS very purple ..:huh:

Purple? I am starting to wonder what transpired in that PM Cap.. ??!! It IS very purple ..:huh:

tell me about it.. didnt help mayhem did a piss poor job of deflecting the obviousness of it all.. :P

tell me about it.. didnt help mayhem did a piss poor job of deflecting the obviousness of it all.. :P

he he. Full of Mayhem!

BTW, not totally off topic, what brakes do you recommend, for AM that is..

he he. Full of Mayhem!

BTW, not totally off topic, what brakes do you recommend, for AM that is..

i havent used any other brand of brake other than avids, so no balanced perspective. however, as a long time user, elixir CRs are amazing brakes: excellent modulation, brilliant stopping power more than sufficient for DH.

I've heard of folks complaining about avid brakes, including the CRs, but i havent had a single one of those issues, despite my set being thru a few massive crashes. oh and ive only ever used metal sintered brakes, and are running after market straitline brake levers instead of the not-so-lekker-IMO stock carbon levers.

ive since switched to avid Codes, and omw I have to learn how to brake again. stupid amounts of stopping power. black hole gravity's got nothing on these badboys.

others worth checking out: formula oros and R1s, shimano XT/XTRs, esp the 2012 stuff.

Electively so, my dear Watson!

I'm not THAT unaware... ;)

btw.. noting you attempted, but failed, to deflect was ackniwledging you were in fact aware.. no idea then what you on about dear chap... :P

post-6789-0-45040800-1313948463.jpg

i havent used any other brand of brake other than avids, so no balanced perspective. however, as a long time user, elixir CRs are amazing brakes: excellent modulation, brilliant stopping power more than sufficient for DH.

I've heard of folks complaining about avid brakes, including the CRs, but i havent had a single one of those issues, despite my set being thru a few massive crashes. oh and ive only ever used metal sintered brakes, and are running after market straitline brake levers instead of the not-so-lekker-IMO stock carbon levers.

ive since switched to avid Codes, and omw I have to learn how to brake again. stupid amounts of stopping power. black hole gravity's got nothing on these badboys.

others worth checking out: formula oros and R1s, shimano XT/XTRs, esp the 2012 stuff.

Oh, the codes?? Good huh?

Been looking at the Hope x2 vs M4 but Avid is right up there with the Elixer R's (Carbon lever CR is a bit off, me thinks). But if you rekon the Codes are worth it.. need to do my homework on that.. Any idea on pad replacement $$.. sintered of course!

Oh, the codes?? Good huh?

Been looking at the Hope x2 vs M4 but Avid is right up there with the Elixer R's (Carbon lever CR is a bit off, me thinks). But if you rekon the Codes are worth it.. need to do my homework on that.. Any idea on pad replacement $$.. sintered of course!

oh yeah, forgot to add in the Hope X2s and M4s. Patches will have me over some coals for that sacrilege. :P

I dont think you need Codes for AM. Codes are truck brakes in comparison to the Elixirs.

Also, one small thing to note: you get Code Rs and just plain Codes. For 2011, the latter has reach and contact pad adjustments, where as the Rs just have Reach adjustment. I thought the two where exactly the same in terms of build quality etc ecept for that small different in ajustability (i hardly touched the Contact adjustment as opposed to the Reach adjustment on the Elixir CRs anyway). but I read somewhere, that Avid actually uses a different quality spec for the Code Rs versus the Codes. Probably explains why the Code Rs where almost R600 cheaper than the Codes.

Butyour short list:

Formular: Oro, R1

Avid: elixir CR / X9 in 2011-2012 speak..

Hope: X2

Shimano: XT/XTR

the Hope M4s, Avid Codes, Shimano Saints and Formula The Ones are all overkill for AM IMO. But if that's what u like, then by all means.