Nissan Trailseeker 1 Hazeldean

narra

Maybe you're right.

32x16 29er, toughen up, Son !! :lol:

Same gear on smaller wheels for me. No wonder I am so useless. :blush:

Same gear on smaller wheels for me. No wonder I am so useless. :blush:

I've decided on a 18 at the back. If I spin out, so be it.

And how was it ?

Enjoyed it, same time as last year on my geared rig. Not an easy race, you never get time to rest. I knew the route from last year so did not get lost or took a short cut. Got stuck behind the 40 km guys, did not bother me because I was in any case not going to win and was nice to walk/rest a bit.

But what I did notice was that I was not so buggered like last year at the end, could have rode for another 20 km. Must be the SS effect.

Ciao

Nar

i was there on my 26" Scwhinn Mesa SS. Naked Alu frame with Red chain. Ran 32-16 and loved it apart from the 4 flat wheels and getting stuck behind the walkers up the last climb by the wall. (not fun on an SS) my Gramin ride time was 3:45:16 and considering i only stopped for flats. my result time was 4:06:12 I gotta work on my pitstops and carry more bombs.(luckly there was that garage on the left as you crossed the N4 just in time). need to watch some more F1 pitcrews as i lost a good twenty minutes.

My actual riding time was 3h46. Lost about 10 minutes because I started 2 batches later with my wife and another 10 minutes for punctures.

I was okay on the climbs (luckily they were not too long and steep) but lost much time on the flats and downhill drags. For the 1st half of the race I was thinking that riding a HT was not too bad. But reality set in during the 2nd half and I decided that half marathons on a HT was a better idea.

I had an brief moment of doubt going through the doorway of that broken down house with my 730mm riser bars. There was just enough clearance for me to get through without incident.

I was quite happy with my time notwithstanding the puncture I rode with for the last 4/5k's. Going down that last steep downhill 4k's or so from the end did prove rather challenging with a tyre losing pressure. I eventually came in on 3:36 with 68.91k's on my GPS.

There were a number of occasions that I span out in the first half with my 32x18 gearing but given the nature of the headwind on those slow uphill drags I was more than happy with my gear ratio. Going through that old house with the stairs on a rigid also proved rather interesting.

I was just sorry I couldn't ride that rock garden with all the 40k riders walking 8 or so k's from the end.

I did it in 4:05 and endomondo did it in 3:55 with auto resume on. Also got about 68.5.

NISSAN TRAILSEEKER - HAZELDEAN / 1 of 5

SUPERSPORT BROADCAST SCHEDULE

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 25-Jul-11 20:30 21:00 SS5 Premier

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 25-Jul-11 20:30 21:00 SS5A Premier

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 25-Jul-11 20:30 21:00 SS5N Premier

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 26-Jul-11 11:00 11:30 SS6A Repeat

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 26-Jul-11 11:00 11:30 SS6 Repeat

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 27-Jul-11 17:00 17:30 SS6A Repeat

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 27-Jul-11 17:00 17:30 SS6 Repeat

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 28-Jul-11 15:30 16:00 SS2 Repeat

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 28-Jul-11 15:30 16:00 SS2A Repeat

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 29-Jul-11 22:30 23:00 SS6 Repeat

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 29-Jul-11 22:30 23:00 SS6A Repeat

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 31-Jul-11 09:00 09:30 SS6 Repeat

Miway Mountain Biking Nissan Trailseeker #1 - Hazeldean 31-Jul-11 09:00 09:30 SS6A Repeat