1000m of climbing over 10km, can I do it???

swartpiet

Good luck Swartpiet, keen to see your video! :thumbup:

Have you ever ridden up the Magoebaskloof Woodbush trail? The jeep track that climbs to the top of the escarpment? I think that is about 800m ascent if I am not mistaken.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Swartpiet, keen to see your video! :thumbup:

Have you ever ridden up the Magoebaskloof Woodbush trail? The jeep track that climbs to the top of the escarpment? I think that is about 800m ascent if I am not mistaken.

Thanks Mark. How do I get to this trail, wood love to ride it.

Howzit hubber,

On saturday afternoon at 14:30, I made it to the top of Mariepskop. I will tell all in my review. For now all I will say is that it is by far the tuffest challenge Ive done on my bicycle to date. I started at swadini. The total ride was 60.5km. According to my polar from 48 to 58km, I climbed 1030m. Can I add that it was non-stop climbing, no relief, no slightly easier gradient inbetween, nothing. It is insane. The max gradient was 18degree. My total climbing for the ride was 1725m.

And to add to the pain, my wife was so excited about the whole thing that she forgot my additional nutrition at swadini. I did the whole ride on one camelback with 2 servings of 32GI. This was finished 3km before I reached the top. I will tell the whole experience in my review together with all the pics and the video.

Well done. I think you are now part of a selected few. :thumbup:

Thanks Mads, I hope a few other crazy cyclists will be joining me on 30 July to see if we can ride this monster twice or maybe three times in 8 hours. Im already starting the mental battle.

Well done, can't wait to see that video.

I might try taking on this challenge in about a years time....lol not nearly fit enough.