MJ872 VS MJ808E

Bike Lore

Hannes I know this is off topic but what is the runtime of that big battery you sell on the standard mj-816? And is it and 8 cell??

I don't exactly understand the point of this thread? To me it sounds like you saying the MJ808E is the best!! Well...I doubt they will bring out a newer light if it is worse than the older one.....so thus saying you shouldn't break the new model down...rather just say yours is good value for money...

MTB_Roadie the point of the thread is not to show that one is better than the other. i do apologize if it sounds that way. the point is to show the difference. better will be based on the application. the MJ872 is better if you don't worry about weight and you can afford the extra battery and you like a lot of light where you are. The MJ808 is better if you like to be light weight and need to see further having a better trow. IT has a good flood and trow so at the end it would be a better choice if that are what you want.

I am not saying that he MJ872 head units is heaver than the MJ808E. it is not really, but due to the cheaper LEDs that there using there not that effective in converting energy(watt) to light(lumen) and also there driven a lot harder. 16W vs 9W which requires more battery capacity to maintain for the same amount of time. again if you don't want to cycle very long then the MJ872 is a good choice for you. you can also dim it to extend the battery. It really depend on your application. But the point is these two lights are different and I don't think the mj872 is worth buying. but that is my opinion based on my application.

And one more thing, newer is not always better. same apply to price. more is not always better.

Edited by Hannes Zietsman

Hannes I know this is off topic but what is the runtime of that big battery you sell on the standard mj-816? And is it and 8 cell??

It is a 8 cell but using 2500mAh cells not 2200 as in the st battery.

The mj808E makes for an excellent head light. that with a MJ872 with an extended battery would be a very good combination. But the MJ808E is a good all rounder also so don't under estimate it. If you got it from me then there should be a helmet mount and a head band. i suggest using it.

I use a upgraded MJ816 for my handle bar mounted light and a MJ808E for a helmet light.

MJ816?

Where does the MJ1000 fit in?

I think thsi thread has the potential of some fighting.

Could I ask politely if and what the difference is between Magicshine and Magiclight. Is it two different companies with different guarentees, are we saying the magicshine is better than the magiclight?

If this is a hijack, sorry.

I think thsi thread has the potential of some fighting.

Could I ask politely if and what the difference is between Magicshine and Magiclight. Is it two different companies with different guarentees, are we saying the magicshine is better than the magiclight?

If this is a hijack, sorry.

Same thing really, sure they are sold under many other brandnames as well

• 2 weeks later...

While on the subject of lights and I appologise if it is a hijack.........

I have the 808E and when I commute, I use the flasher most of the time, even at 45kms/h in the pitch dark. I find the intermittent flashing enough to see where I am going and feel safer in that other vehicles see me better. It also flashes the road signs and chevrons so everybody knows something is happening. I love the flashing beam!

My 5c worth, sorry for the hijack.