new bikes ahead of the TDF: Cervelo, Pinarello...

Christie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaah, a quick reboot. <_<

Here it is - my favourite in the pro peloton:

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2011/07/P1010722.jpg

Ugly seat post but i guess that they had to add some weight somewhere to get it legal.That is one of my favourite tour bikes

Ugly seat post but i guess that they had to add some weight somewhere to get it legal.That is one of my favourite tour bikes

Actually, gummibear, it is a new innovation

I agree it doesn't look funky.

---

Ivan Basso's (Liquigas) Cannondale SuperSix Evo was topped with a wild looking seatpost that may presumably be released by FSA at some point judging by the markings. Simply grabbing and rotating the ribbed and detented collar adjusts the saddle height in stepped increments without producing any noticeable play between the upper and lower halves or slipping.

According to a team mechanic, Basso prefers a slightly lower height for smoother pedaling in high-cadence situations but a slightly taller one when he has to produce more power at a lower rpm. Of course this unusual seatpost is heavier than most of the ultralight carbon fiber or aluminum options normally used by Liquigas but the new ultralight SuperSix Evo frames leave enough wiggle room that Basso's bike is still barely UCI-legal (unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to weigh it).

Lest you start to think that this is just the start of a hot new trend, we should point out that Basso was the only one on the team using the unique seatpost but we'll keep vigil over the next few days.

Looks like we have been posting the wrong bikes from Movistar ... my new still favorite (just in another colour) bike in the whole peloton ... :drool:

(The white is looking much better than the blue they used in the Giro)

post-4352-0-76619400-1309793619.jpg

post-4352-0-65566100-1309793623.jpg

Edited by Tankman

Saving the best for last, eh?

Of course, the Cannondale Super Six Evo...

:clap:

I have a picture of a hubber on one of those...

Dogma still is my favourite, but I don't like the look of the 2 though. It looks like the old one was left in the sun and melted...

The LOOK is very very nice.

The Colnago seems the same as the Master - now with carbon tubes! Should they maybe spend some money on R&D?

Some more info on the Dogma2 on cyclingnews.

Frame is 30g lighter in total.

Another interesting thing in the article about the Record electric gruppo - the battery is non-removable, and is charged on the bike. I'm not sure this is a good thing.

Lampre

http://www.wilierbikes.co.uk/wp-wilier/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Lampre-Wilier-slr.preview_500.jpg

Have not seen any of the Lampre riders on the SLR recently. Cunego rode that one last year. The rest of the tem seem to ride the "normal" 101 Superleggera.